Cleaning with Vinegar

Joe

Membership Expired
 I've read in a few places of people using a vinegar solution to clean your tank, parts, and such. Can anyone tell me what type of vinegar and how many parts vinegar vs water ect? Thanks! 

For cleaning inside the tank and parts I use a mix of 25% white vinegar organic and RO water.To clean the glass I use 25% vinegar, 5% alcohol and ro/water.For cleaning my wave makers I have them working over night on a 25% white vinegar solution.It does wonders and removes odor.

Posted by: Jose For cleaning inside the tank and parts I use a mix of 25% white vinegar organic and RO water.To clean the glass I use 25% vinegar said:
Jose,How often do you clean your wave makers?

Every other month; extends their life considerably. I have 4 so I clean the 2 from one side side first.

Be careful soaking stuff too long in vinegar. Overnight seems fine, but I have forgotten and left stuff soaking for a full day or two and the suction cups have shriveled up. I still use white vinegar to clean everything reef related, just don't use it for extended soaking periods.