Recent content by fjr_wertheimber

1. F

THE CURE FOR VERMETID SNAILS!!

So, if you're like me, you've dealt with the heartbreak of vermetid snails, or as I like to call them, "those snot snails from Hell". If you're also like me you've dealt with tons of different ways to try to get rid of them: predators (hoping they actually eat them), plucking them off (when...
  2. F

Palys out of control? Growing like weeds? I have the solution!!

So, if you're like me (and most guys I know) and some point you've had some stupid trash palys that have started to grow like weeds. I've tried pulling them (at some point they turn into mush which usually spreads them even faster, ugh), injecting them, just about everything you can think...
  3. F

How do you edit or delete a post?

I can't find a single way to edit or delete a post once it's been posted; am I missing something or is that functionality really not there??? I'm trying to edit the title of the post "DFWMAS's Slowest Build Thread - "La Scogliera" - Custom 75 gal Reef Dropoff Tank" since the dimensions have...
  4. F

DFWMAS's Slowest Build Thread - "La Scogliera" - Custom 90 gal Reef Dropoff Tank

Some of you may recall me (and my tanks) from an old thread here as well as on ARC and ReefCentral from when I built my 440 gallon custom reef dropoff tank. Sadly, before I could finish setting up that tank my fiancee and I split so I had to move out of the house and into an apartment, and very...
  5. F

440g Starphire Custom Dropoff Reef Tank

Okay, so I recently posted here about the custom DIY plywood/Starphire reef tank that my better half agreed to let me build, inspired by this tank here: alt=""> That inspiration lead to this design here, which I planned to construct out of plywood and Starphire glass: alt=""> Well, anyway...
  6. F

Need some help with my new design...

Okay, guys and gals... So, now that my days of deploying to wonderful vacation spots like Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, or other godforsaken third-world countries are behind me, I can now start to plan and design and build in earnest, especially since my wonderful fiancée has given me the green...
  7. F

A.J.'s 60 gallon Aquarium Obsessed Starphire Über-Cube

Okay, so for those of you who've been following along, I was the owner of The Tank Previously Known as "The Muscle Cube". Which, really, was a fantastic tank. I loved it (still do), it grew everything great, colors were fantastic... but... well, you know how it is. After a while you start...
  8. F

29G Biocube w/ über mods

Hey everyone, been a DFWMAS member for a while now, figured it was about time I posted some pics of my 29G Biocube. The specs: Oceanic 29G Biocube 150W Current Metal Halide with 20,000K XM Bulb Vortech MP20 CPR HOB Refugium Modded Oceanic skimmer (extended reaction chamber, upgraded air pump)...