THE CURE FOR VERMETID SNAILS!!

So, if you're like me, you've dealt with the heartbreak of vermetid snails, or as I like to call them, "those snot snails from Hell". If you're also like me you've dealt with tons of different ways to try to get rid of them: predators (hoping they actually eat them), plucking them off (when they're under rockwork or corals it's easier said than done), supergluing the end of their tubes (again, when under corals or rock it's pretty hard to do). I was absolutely pulling my hair out (what little I have left) in frustration. And then it happened. I found the cure for vermetid snails.My cure:http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/f1/f19cda1fbbf7b65182fb4761e2eb845fd9dbf59d4dfc7466a148ba6d1aa164ab.jpgYou see, Marc (Melev) Levenson was nice enough to let me borrow his laser to take care of some aiptasia in my tank before my tank got overrun with it like his (ironically enough) anemone cube. Well, while blasting some nuisance anemones I saw one of the vermetid snot nets hanging in the water flow and went "AARGH you little bastard, why won't you just die?!" and hit it with the laser. And it died. Wait, what? That worked? YES, it WORKED. So then I tried it with another, and another, and another, and ALL died. Quickly, easily, no muss, no fuss. It was awesome."But wait, A.J.," I hear you saying, "don't they live in shells? How do you get to the soft tissue of the snail itself to kill it?" Easy, I reply, we nuke them with our FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS THROUGH THEIR SHELLS. Yup, the laser, if focused properly, not only cooks them inside the shell it even lights up the shell like a lamp so you can see them shriveling up and dying and/or see which shells are empty. Not only that, but they make immensely satisfying snap, crackle, and pop noises while they die their well-deserved deaths.Hope this helps others with the same problems, as always, your mileage may vary, be sure to wear proper eye protection at all times, don't stare directly into the laser, not responsible for any laser-related fires, try not to blind your fish, offer not valid in CA, NY, and the Virgin Islands, cannot be combined with other offers, limited time offer.

1200 mW, 430nm, but really any high-powered laser will work. It's not the light spectrum that matters, it's the heat generated by it. Although, personally, I get a kick out of killing pests with the same spectrum of light that feeds our corals. LOL

I'm looking into this method due to an outbreak, but am concerned that the laser may damage or melt the acrylic tank. Any thoughts on that? 

I actually did quite a bit of research into acrylic cutting and while laser cutting for acrylics is a thing, it requires infrared lasers which are not affected by transparent nature of clear acrylic. I've since picked up a 2.5W and it works magically... the only drawback is that it's not really feasible to eliminate the problem as there are vermatids that can't be reached using conventional means, and therefore new ones that sprout cannot be differentiated from the ones treated, requiring the ongoing management efforts to go over those previously covered.  

Interesting, good info to know.I was thinking about just using some of the purple epoxy putty for gluing rocks together over any webs I see. Wonder if that is more effective?