29G Biocube w/ über mods

Hey everyone, been a DFWMAS member for a while now, figured it was about time I posted some pics of my 29G Biocube.

The specs:
Oceanic 29G Biocube
150W Current Metal Halide with 20,000K XM Bulb
Vortech MP20
CPR HOB Refugium
Modded Oceanic skimmer (extended reaction chamber, upgraded air pump)
Return pump replaced by MJ1200
9W UV Sterilizer
2 Little Fishes Phosban Reactor
Middle chamber filled with live rock rubble
Approx. 28 lbs of Tonga branch live rock

The inhabitants:
Small Alpheus randalli "Pistol Pete"
Small Synchiropus picturatus "Midori" (he eats everything!)
4 x Small Chromis viridis "Aoi Ichi" "Aoi Ni" "Aoi San" "Aoi Shi"
Small Acanthurus japonicus "Koban"
Medium Lysmata amboinensis "Leon"

The tank
IMG_8888.JPG
alt="">

The chromis
IMG_8941.JPG
alt="">

Full-tank Shot (sorry for the reflected light from the window)
fts.jpg
alt="">

"Midori", the spotted mandarin
IMG_8903.JPG
alt="">

Full-tank Shot with everyone out and about
IMG_8913.JPG
alt="">

Okay, first off, let me say that I absolutely LOVE the addition of the Vortech. At first I wasn't too sure of it, but with the additions of the chromis I saw exactly how much the flow really moved things along, and it's soooooo much fun watching the fish "surf" and play in the flow. The white-cheeked tang (aka, Powder Brown Tang) (yes, yes, I know, omg, the Tang Police are gonna come get me... trust me, when he gets too big he'll move to a bigger tank) absolutely has a ball playing in the flow, moving between the various layers of flow in different directions, like a runner with 3 different treadmills to play on.

Lots more stuff to talk about on the tank, but I've got to get cleaning on my house, so I'll write more later.

Awesome looking tank. It's if not when on the tang though. Go ahead and plan it now. They need to swim!

Thanks, Keith. Yeah, I know it's "when he gets to big", by that time I'll have a bigger tank in the works. Thanks for the compliments on the tank, it'll look even better once some of the SPS color up a bit; the guy I bought 'em from had some tank problems and they browned out a bit. They're starting to color up nicely now, though.

Thanks, man. I'm pretty happy with it, although everything is kinda ticked off right now 'cause I just cleaned everything and did a water change... LOL

The tank looks great. IMO the tang is already to big and it needs a bigger tank. They love to zoom back and forth in a tank and there is no way it can do that in a 29 gallon.

Here's as close to a complete listing of what I've got as I can figure out... LOL

ORA Miami Orchid Staghorn - Acropora sp.
ORA Tri-color Valida Staghorn - Acropora valida
ORA German Blue-polyp digitata - Montipora digitata
ORA Super Purple digitata - Montipora digitata
ORA Orange Capricornis - Montipora capricornis
ORA Pink Bird's Nest - Seriatopora hystrix
ORA Green Stylophora - Stylophora pistillata
AAF's Stag - Acropora sp.
Incredible Hulk acropora - Acropora sp. (with Acro crab Domecia acanthophora hitchhiker!)
ATL Bali Tricolor - Acropora sp.
J_G Yellow - Acropora sp.
Cranberry millepora - Acropora millepora
Starry Night acropora - Acropora sp.
ORA German Blue - Acropora sp.
DFS Neon Vermiculata Acropora
Yellow and Purple Encrusting Montipora - Montipora peltiformis
Cherry Bomb zoanthids - Zoanthus sp.
Spiderman zoanthids - Zoanthus sp.
Warpspeed montipora - Montipora Spumosa
Kryptonite Candy Cane - Caulastrea furcata
Blue Comet Zoas - Zoanthus sp.
Orange Sun Coral - Tubastrea faulkneri
Green and Purple Hammer Coral - Euphyllia sp.
Green Star Polyps - Pachyclavularia violacea

plus a few others I know I must be forgetting or can't identify...

can you take some shots of the back of the tank? Especially the CPR HOB ref? I have been thinking about adding one to my biocube

i was wondering if you can take more picture of your tank...cause im trying to make something similar to my 29 gal nano tank. THANKS