Recent content by fangeo

1. F

Great Place for Lighting...

Hey everyone I know its been a long time I am finally getting back into having an aquarium... I really miss all you guys. So a few weeks ago I ordered a new tank from glasscages.com, woohooo!! It is however going to be a planted tank, with the lack of great stores, a pretty non-existant...
  2. F

Aquacultured Saltwater Plants...NOT Algae.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has Shoal Grass, Manatee Grass, Turtle Grass, and Red Mangroves that are Aquacultured. I have been to so many websites reading and calling, only to find out the retail places are not culturing the plants. I know that coastal plants are in danger from beach...
  3. F

Might make this a sticky...

This has some very good guides and Identification for sea-horses so you know exactly what your looking at in pet stores before buying. I have found that most of the sea-horses they are selling are miss marked.....I am currently planning a build for a seahorse tank, so I take my guide and go...
  4. F

ID Please...

its one of those stars...and i have never seen one this color!! he is a light baby blue with brown/red spots in the middle... Pic here!!
  5. F

seahorse tank...

thinking of setting up my 24G nano for seahorse tank..... I would love to hear from anyone about best practices..I have been reading and reading about them. I would for sure want babies from someone on here!
  6. F

Branching Goniopora

Need Help.... I have had this coral about 3 weeks and it has never opened for me... the polyps extend about 1/4" but in the store it was extended like 1 1/2 or more. I have tried everything different levels in the tank different flow rates and doesnt seem to make a difference. Several people...
  7. F

Tunze Vs Vortech.......

Ok I am about to pull the 4 crapy pumps I have in my tank and get one good one. I have been reading and comparing, reading user reviews and so on... many users say the vortech's are incredible but they wish they had just gotten tunze's. So I was hoping maybe someone here who has had both could...
  8. F

New Lights....

Hey everyone, quick question I forgot to ask Robert and Tri today when I went and bought a 250W MH to replace my 150W. I was curious what do if anything... to ensure my corals dont go crazy...or freakout!!
  9. F

New Ballast...

Ok well its been over a year since I put in my MH that I purchased here off the board it has been great!! It has a Huge Ballast on it I believe it to be magnetic and it kinda scares me....it gets really really hot and wires hanging out the top. So... its time it goes!!! the light is a 150W...
  10. F

IV dripper..

does anyone have one?? I bought a drip box last year at nextwave and a few nights ago i was messing around and broke the IV piece that was siliconed in... does anyone have another one???
  11. F

Tank/Fuge Pics...

here are some new pictures of my tank and the new fuge.... http://gallery.mac.com/geoinerworks#100093 let me know what you think!!!
  12. F

serpent stars...

ok, I do not have a great understanding of serpent stars...hope someone here can help me out. Last night, I had just finished setting up my new refug..(post pictures later) I turned off my lights and was about to go to bed. Don't laugh I know everyone here does this!! I got back up and wanted...
  13. F

replacing my MH

hey guys...I have 150W HQI, I got it from someone here in the club..I have no idea if its 10k 14k 20k what would be best??? I have LPS and Softies, I will not be getting SPS's corals....don't want SPS corals... LOL So with that in mind what should i get???and what brand???
  14. F

glass drilling quesitons!!

well just found out tonight that i will probably be getting a 90G RR tank for my fuge for my 160G display cant wait!!!!!! probably be a few months...but ill take pictures as soon as i get it!!!
  15. F

First Tang.....

have never been a huge fan of tangs...not sure why just not my all time favorite fish....but I was in pet boutique last week and was talking with Kevin and looking for one more fish to add to my tank... and I saw this guy a Orange Fin Tominiensis Tang, this is not a picture of mine...as he hides...