glass drilling quesitons!!

well just found out tonight that i will probably be getting a 90G RR tank for my fuge for my 160G display cant wait!!!!!!

probably be a few months...but ill take pictures as soon as i get it!!!

Im always looking at mine also, Im thinking about building a new one with colored baffles just to make it stand out and be different.

Is there a reason the 90RR can't be a show tank ? Man it seems like a waste if it is . I'll yank out my 40 breeder and swap you and use the 90RR as a show.

its going to be a display fuge.... mangroves and some other algaes. thinking of using it for a frag tank too, or for fish i can keep in my display that i really like... maybe even make it a seahorse/cowfish/pipefish/sandsifting star...i dont know

@fangeo wrote:
its going to be a display fuge.... mangroves and some other algaes. thinking of using it for a frag tank too said:
I got some mangroves started . The roots are growing, now if I have more than I need start growing their leaves I'll be selling them.

Sounds like a plan!
Make sure you post pics, once its up and running...

I think the fish idea is the way to go.

Are you going to silicone the baffles in yourself?
And are you going acrylic or glass for the baffles?

ok well....after getting to the house where the replacement "90g" freshwater tank was...it was....not what i expected.... and i use "90g" because it turned out to be a 62G... So the plan had been to get this 90g freshwater tank and swap it with the 90g RR tank taht currently has freshwater in it and make that my fuge...

However since the new tank is 62g and there is no way im going to stuff 90g worth of fresh fish into a 62g tank... the 62 will have to become my fuge...oh well!! still better than nothing and better than I have now!!!

So a few questions....the hang on back drains....how are they with power outages??? I am kind of affraid of coming home to a mess should power go out now mind you, I have only lost power 2 times in 2 yrs...but it would be my luck with this tank that I set it up power goes out that day and comes back on and over flows all the place!!! LOL

Ok what are the chances this 62g oceanic tank is made of tempered glass??? I would like to drill drain holes...anyone have any ideas????

@fangeo wrote:
ok well....after getting to the house where the replacement "90g" freshwater tank was...it was....not what i expected.... and i use "90g" because it turned out to be a 62G... So the plan had been to get this 90g freshwater tank and swap it with the 90g RR tank taht currently has freshwater in it and make that my fuge... However since the new tank is 62g and there is no way im going to stuff 90g worth of fresh fish into a 62g tank... the 62 will have to become my fuge...oh well!! still better than nothing and better than I have now!!! So a few questions....the hang on back drains....how are they with power outages??? I am kind of affraid of coming home to a mess should power go out now mind you said:
fangeo, ive been running hob overflows for three years on the same tank, ive never had a problem when power goes out, they are a little noisey, but me and my wife find that we actuly enjoy the sound of the running water, it is a little relaxing to us, infact if I dont here it I get scared thinking something is wronge. If I had to risk drilling a unknown tank versess hob overflow I think I would go with the hob overflows. Just my thoughts.