Recent content by DGAM

1. D

WTB Red Goniopora

Anyone have any they want to frag? Thanks.
  2. D

$300 total Two Ecoxotic Panorama 50-watt LED Aquarium Light Fixtures, 48-Inch each, Marine

I am asking $300 for both, OBO. They are a little over a year old and are still in excellent working condition. They are still on my tank so if you want to see them, please text or call me to come by. 817-233-0552. See amazon website here. They are selling new for $250 for one. I am asking $300...
  3. D

Wavemaker Comparisons

Which is a better wavemaker, MaxSpect Gyre or the Vortech? Comparing the Gyre XF230 and the Vortech MP40.?Does anyone have?any recommendations for which?one is better and why? Thanks!
  4. D

WTB Vortech MP10 or MP40

Willing to buy used. I could also trade 4 Maxijet 1200 powerheads and 3 rotating ?deflectors. If anyone has a Vortech they want to sell, I'm interested! Thanks
  5. D

Clean Hands?

Hello everyone. Wasn't sure where to post this so here it is. I try my very hardest to make sure my hands are as clean as they can be before entering the tank. I scrub and scrub for minutes with just got water. I feel like I am always washing my hands so much. But I have small kids. I give...
  6. D

Ich Problem

I have a regal tang who is flashing. Just noticed it today for the first time so I think it's early. I don't have a Quarantine tank. Is anyone willing to take her in while she heals? If you have other recommendations other than taking her out of the tank, please let me know ASAP. Thank you!!
  7. D

Clown Fish and Anenome

I have a pair of young clown fish and a small anenome. Only one of the two clown fish sleeps in the anenome. Is that one usually the male or the female? I can't currently tell. They're the same size really.
  8. D

Anemone On Glass at Top

I've had my anemone for a month or so now. He stayed on a rock towards the bottom for a few weeks but a week ago he climbed up the glass and into the corner. Why is it doing this? What can I do to make it come down to the rocks? Thoughts on what the deal is?
  9. D

Crab Chipping Away at Rock

I have a medium sized Halloween hermit that is chipping away at my rock. What to do about that??
  10. D

Ecoxotic Panorama Marine LED - Controller

I have been using these lights since I started in the hobby not long ago. They are awesome! They put off great light and a lot of shimmer, are super light weight, and no loud fan which I really like BUT you have to manually control the lights. This is a bit of an inconvenience especially when...
  11. D

Sponge

What is this yellow stuff around my zoas? I think it's sponge. Why is it forming there? And what can I do to prevent it from spreading or stop it from growing anywhere else?
  12. D

Testing Kit Problems - Water Comng Out of Vile

I have the API test kits. They are the only ones I have ever tried. Newer to the hobby so this is my first round of test bottles. Each time I test I have a problem! For testing Ca or Alk for example, I fill the vile to 5mL, put the first drop in, cap it, and when I take the cap off some of the...
  13. D

Waterproof LED Light Strip

So I went to this store called LED City in Dallas today and purchased a waterproof LED strip for my refugium. Does anyone see anything wrong with using a little silicone and applying this to the inside of the fuge? They assured me its waterproof. As far as the materials go, is there anything I...
  14. D

RBTA Caught in Powerhead

So I left the house today and came home later and my RTBA was completely sucked up into the powerhead! Devastated! I immediately turned off all the power heads and set it back on the rock it was originally on. The body is not shredded. It looks like only the tentacles were harmed. Waited a few...
  15. D

RBTA Caught in Powerhead

So I left the house today and came home later and my RTBA was completely sucked up into the powerhead! Devastated! I immediately turned off all the power heads and set it back on the rock it was originally on. The body is not shredded. It looks like only the tentacles were harmed. Waited a few...