Recent content by dameono4

1. D

best way to get rid of flatworms

i set up a ten gallon nano filled with macro, within a week i started noticing flatworms popping up. i have a six line in my other tank but i know i will never catch him. is there anything else that gets rid of these things fast? thanks, chris
  2. D

bta really stringy looking

my anemone has been through alot (being sucked up in powerheads, tank swaps) but its still alive. just recently the tentacles have looked extremely stringy and very long, about 4 or five inchs of length. sometime they fatten up but most of the time they look just stringy. i feed it about...
  3. D

should flow be decreased at night time?

i was wondering if anyone decreases flow at night, possibly turning off some of your power heads. thanks, chris
  4. D

question about evaporation

the salt that collects on the outside of stuff from evaporation, is it bad if that falls in the tank. Thanks, chris
  5. D

Anyone use coral vital?

I have been using it for some time and have been pleased with it, especially since i have never delt with ick. Just seein what you guys use here or anything like it for daily doses. Thanks, chris
  6. D

mag 3 same size as mag 5

i found a remora pro down where i live with a mag 5 for 150. doesnt come with the pre skimmer box, is the mag 5 the same size as the mag 3 or anyone know if it will fit in the pre skimmer box. Thanks, chris
  7. D

Just got/saved a T. crocea

i went to a LFS in new braunsfels and saw a clam about 3 inches away from the top of the water in a nanocube. It was brown and had barely any coloration to it at all. From looking at the clams on the message boards i looked like a clam i had never seen. I read on the side it was a T. crocea...
  8. D

anyone use a prism hang-on skimmer?

there is one at a lfs near me for 99 bucks and was seeing if anyone uses this or knows if it is any good? Thanks, chris
  9. D

tanks is cloudy

tank is constantly cloudy and was wondering how you guys keep yours so clear without using carbon. Is it just that your skimmers are awesome or do yal have a trick up your sleeve :) . Im running a cpr aquafuge right now with a mixture of macro and a hob filter that i took the carbon out of...
  10. D

What is a sun coral, and what are its needs?

i went to a local lfs down here and they had a 15-20 polyp sun coral for sale for 45 dollars. Is this a different type of dendrophylia? Im just wondering the needs for this coral and anyone know what the price range is for these? For reference i have a 30 gallon long with a 250w MH. I need...
  11. D

Greetings from Austin

really san marcos, house we were lookin at ended up not happening. So i went with the two story town house instead. Tank is up and running but i am having some temperature issues. Right now its at about 80-81 degrees. Was thinkin about getting a little clip on fan from Home Depot, but if...
  12. D

height for metal halides

well i bought my new tank from fish gallery today and was wondering how high i should hang my light above the tank. the measurements are 36"Lx14"Hx12"W. 250w mh fixture is what im using. Thanks, chris
  13. D

LPS hammer added to my tank

thanks jhammond again for the awesome looking hammer coral. After just a few days i would say it has already opened about 80 percent.
  14. D

will one 250w MH work for a 36"L tank

as the subject says, i was at fish gallery today and they had 30 gallon tanks that were 36 inches long. i will mainly be keeping lps and zoanthids, and whatever i can get my hands on!!! just wonderin if it would have enough coverage throughout the tank. just for reference i have a 250w aqua...
  15. D

Will my anenome eat my feather duster?

My anenome has been touching my feather duster for a while, sometimes my clown will actually sit in the feather duster. now it seems to be getting closer to the feather duster, like almost on top of it. here is a night shot i just took. Thanks, chris