Recent content by cabi

1. C

Alk & cal containers

Hey guys .. I wanna ask what kind of storage containers are y'all using for alk and calcium (you know if you are dosing)? I'm still using does 1 gallon jugs from brs.. I'm trying to find something bigger and reef safe,any suggestions?
  2. C

How are you testing for PO4?

I use Hanna checker , pretty easy to use
  3. C

Biopellets question??

Did any of you have a bacteria bloom ? I started using biopellets this month and my water has become cloudy ( i added a powerhead) and all of my equipment and hoses have this orange stuff on it (guessing it's the bacteria bloom) I started with half of the recommend dose, everything does look...
  4. C

Bio-pellet reactor?

I'm going to be adding bp reactor to my tank to controll nitrates but I would like to know what kind of reactor are y'all using. I'm looking at reef octopus 110 reactor and avast mr5 reactor. Thanks in advance!
  5. C

Monti cap dying!!

Just got home and saw my montipora cap dying... I took a closer look and it looks like I have Nudi eating montipora pests!!! (I think) What is recommended to treat this.. Any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks
  6. C

Help on what to do!!!

Ok I just moved my tank from one house to another and tested my water and found ammonia... does this mean its going to cycle again ?? I still have all of my fish in buckets and corals can I add them or not??????? Ammonia is on .50 Any tips or recommendations?? Thanks in advance!
  7. C

Moving and need tips

Ok I'll be moving in a week and would like to get Ideas on how to transport my sps corals without causing too much stress!! I was thinking of moving the corals first and then the rock and then fish. Lastly, at put the water in trash buckets. Any ideas or modifications?? Thanks in advance
  8. C

sps colonies online!

Hello everyone- I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for an on-line store that sells SPS colonies? I'm only aware of <u>Live Aquaria</u>. Thanks!! [smilie=smirk.gif]
  9. C

whats growing on my sand and rock???????

i dont know what it is ??? my tank parameters are good. i thought it was some kind of algae because i had a small problem of cyno but now my phospates are at zero and the cyno is gone except for the brown stuff !! any ideas??
  10. C

tunze & vortech

hi!!! I was wanting to see if I could get some recommendation as to what to use either Tunze wavebox 6206 or the Vortech MP40 on my tank. My tank is 48" long x 17 & 1/2" wide. Thanks!!!!!
  11. C

Oyster-Feast???

does anyone knows where i can buy some Oyster-Feast? from a lfs!! i had never fed my sps coral before, any suggestions would be great??? thanks
  12. C

Need help on my asm 3 protein skimmer

Hey guys I just bought this skimmer and I need some help on how to clean out the collection cup. Is there a way to take it apart and take the collection cup out??? Or do I pull it out cuz it's hard and I don't want to end up breaking it. [smilie=thinking.gif] any help would be wonderful! Thanks
  13. C

how much live rock

i have a 110 gallons aquarium i know is 48"long ,,my question is how much live rock do i need to have a good biological filtration? thank you