tunze & vortech

hi!!! I was wanting to see if I could get some recommendation as to what to use either Tunze wavebox 6206 or the Vortech MP40 on my tank. My tank is 48" long x 17 & 1/2" wide.

Thanks!!!!!

The Vortech will provide more varied flow, while a Tunze makes waves, plain and simple. If you want waves, you'll need to supplement with flow as well. It isn't an either or situation.

I agree with Marc your not going to get any flow through the tank with the tunze wave box. See you just wanting something that can create a wave if so I would do the tunze. But if you looking for a varying flow that can also make a wave then the vortech is the best bet. If possible do both the vortech can add the flow where the wave box will be making you wave but I would do the photo sensor on the wave box so to will tune down at night

Oh yeah!!! i saw some videos and i really like the vortech instead !! I guess i have my answer on what to buy ,thanks

I don't know how big your tank is but an mp40 might be a tad bit too much for your tank. It sounds like its some kind of 50-100 gallon tank right?

I would say an mp10-20 would work best (turned all the way up) as opposed to having an mp40 (which is bigger and more expensive) turned down 1/3 of the way... Those mp40's create A LOT of flow more than you think...

I'd actually disagree with the MP40 being too much... I think you'd find an MP20 or MP10 wouldn't be enough flow, even maxed out. And yes, I speak from experience, having had an MP20 and MP40 on my old 60 gallon tank.

@fjr_wertheimber wrote:
I'd actually disagree with the MP40 being too much... I think you'd find an MP20 or MP10 wouldn't be enough flow said:
I agree on my 65 gallon tank I ran my mp40w at least 3/4 turned up and that's with a wave box and two 6055 tunze nanos

I'm running 3 mp10s right now on my 72 bowfront and I think I have fair amount of flow but my tank is only 36" long. I think you might want more then just 1 mp40 maybe do two mp40s or 1 mp40 and a tunze 6055

my tank is 110 gallons,, i just order a vortech 40mp for now !! (they are expensive)im also going to leave my koraila 4 to help with the flow or a maxijet with sure flow kit!!! would that be good??

Ecotech's customer service is possibly the only thing better than their pumps. They fixed my MP10 no questions asked and had it back to me in 10days from me sending it off. Id get one if you can! my .02