Recent content by alanbetiger

1. A

350 gallon with all equipment

Unfortunately we are going to be moving soon and the 350 gallon can't come with me. $6000 there's quite a bit inside and you can check out my build log for more pictures. The full tank shot was yesterday. 100 gallon mixing tank, along with RO filter and storage is included. Due to size buyer...
  2. A

3" Matted Filefish trade or $35

Bought it about 3 weeks ago for the four aiptasias I have. Ate two then killed two scans, and one SPS. Has been picking on other SPS. Took three days but now caught in a fish trap ready to go.Trade for coral, let me know what you have or $35  (paid $40) SPS, LPS or zoas (no other softies) pick...
  3. A

Green Digitata colony for Trade

I would prefer to trade rather than sell. Open to most everything except mushrooms/xenia/GSP5"Located in Aubrey. Will be free most of the weekend
  4. A

Looking for Regal Tang

Looking to add a Regal Tang to my 350 gallon. Currently have a purple, yellow, kole, sailfin and naso so I need a decent sized Regal. Can can trade for multiple corals give or take cash.
  5. A

Alan's 350 gallon

I'm trying to move over my thread so lets see if this works:?<h3>Re: Alans 350 New House New Tank</h3> alt="Post" width="11" height="9" />by?<strong style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px">alanbetiger</strong>?on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:27 pm alt="Image" width="660" /><br style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px" />...
  6. A

Pencil Urchin in Seahorse tank

I have a 29 biocube turned into a seahorse tank. Since I've been over feeding the seahorses I started developing quite a bit of hair algae. I thought no problem I'll put a Pencil Urchin in there to help control it and didn't think it would be able to harm the seahorses with the thick dull...
  7. A

Idea to catch a fish!

So I have a Biocube 29 that I glue/epoxied all my rock together. Dismantling was not an option, but I needed to catch a Coral Beauty to transfer to my home tank. I never thought about it until today as I failed to catch it 5 days in a row. I thought about using plastic bags to wall off the back...
  8. A

Urchin that cares about sun protection

So I bought an emerald crab for my Biocube and they put a little plastic screen in the bag for it to hang on to. I left it in the tank for him to walk off overnight, and the next morning I found my Halloween urchin carrying it around. Then the next day he swapped it for a big chunk of coraline...
  9. A

Flatworm or nudibranch? Microscopic image

So I bought a new zoanthid frag last week and found an adult nudibranch today. When I sucked it out with a syringe I found a couple of these things. I think it's a young nudibranch since I don't see any eyespots for Planarian. What do ya'll think? Ashlar? Thanks Alan alt="">
  10. A

Sea hare ink

Tonight I was looking around my tank and sump when I couldn't find my sea hare. I finally found it in my sump where I was using normal egg crate for my frag rack. It managed to get stuck trying to pass through the egg crate with just his head and about an inch of body. I tried to get him to back...
  11. A

LED City par38 bulbs

Hey I've been trying to get some info on LED city's bulbs and if anyone heard of someone using them on reef systems. They are located on 35 just north of 635 and when I was there I saw these bulbs http://www.ledcityusa.com/default/led-bulbs/par-lights/par38-18-watt-cool-white.html 18watt bulbs...
  12. A

Problem with Recharging Purigen

So I thought I'd do some nice maintenance for the tank since I bought a nice new coral at the frag swap. I had 100ml of Purigen and it was starting to turn brown. I knew you can recharge it by bleaching and then dechlorinating so I thought I'd get ahead of the game and recharge it as a...
  13. A

Splitting Cespitularia

So I thought I was buying a xenia and was pleasantly suprised to be told it was actually ORA Blue Cespitularia about 1.5 months ago. Since then the small plug has grown twice it's original size and started attatching to a neighboring rock and slowly walked up the rock away from the original...
  14. A

Lighting Question

I was wondering if anyone has used any of this LED lights for nano tanks? http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4027938&CAWELAID=468159151 My brother has a 12 gallon nano cube and his ballast just blew and was thinking about trying out one of these suspended over the tank with a...
  15. A

Crab ID question Picture Added

I just set up a 14 G Biocube and bought some live rock from DNA on Tuesday. Just found a crab stowaway yesterday that I can't identify. I tried to take a picture but they didn't come out well (I'll try and upload them this weekend). It likes to hide and hasn't come out fully but is moving around...