what can be used as a stand?

What can support a 34 gallon aquarium? I don't want to buy a new stand, and I can't seem to find a used one for sale by itself. Can a TV stand be used, since its made for heavy weight? What about dressers that are solid wood and well made?

i wouldnt use a tv stand unless it is from the 70's :lol: but a good dresser would probably work if it was indeed sturdy. Most smaller stands are made of particle board. I know that the stock perfecto stand my tank arived with was nothing more than 1x4 planks with a small 1x4 frame. but when my brother owned it it never colapsed. but better to be on the safe side. BTW if you are handy DIY stands are pretty easy and if you dont do like i did and use cabinet grade oak plywood and solid oak for the ends it wont be that expensive.

You just need to look at how it is constructed. Wood is very strong, but nails and screws can fail.

so look for somthing that has the top that has legs that go under the top not screwed to the side of the top. Not sure if that makes sense. also need something along the back to suport the top to make sure it does not sag or fail.

I think I know what you mean. Thanks. I know I've heard never to use anything like an end table or something of the sorts, but some of the stands I have seen that are made for aquariums are just particle board and look pretty flimsy to me.