Vortec Controller Release

there was a prerelease, which is already sold out, and the first shipment of controllers, hopefully by the end of the month, will go to those who paid during this pre-release, and i did just that. the $50 is after a $50 rebate for sending back your old standard controller, so you pay $200 up front, and once you get them in, you send your old ones back for the $100 refund...makes sense and is ok by me...

Just noticed that we should get word in a few more days. The post said middle of the week.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10783106#post10783106

sweet, what did you think about them at macna marc? i saw one video from RC but it was not very good.

I'm very excited. I mean, until you have your own, it is hard to go nuts over a plastic box with a circuit board, but I have no reason to feel my money was wasted on what we are going to be getting very soon.

Someone posted a great video that was hosted on YouTube. You had to wait until the 2 minute mark to see it working well, and by the end you could see how nicely it was controlling three tanks at once.

why does this company seem to make it so confusing to get a controller? I currently have a single vortec with the old controller. If someone can explain the process then I will get another pump and add a multicontroller assuming it will randomly create flow..

@WeMa wrote:
there was a prerelease said:
cost = $100 each

@Reefer madness wrote:
why does this company seem to make it so confusing to get a controller? I currently have a single vortec with the old controller. If someone can explain the process then I will get another pump and add a multicontroller assuming it will randomly create flow.. said:
according to a post on RC you can get a 1" wave action on a 180 gallon tank with only 1 vortech with this new driver, pretty incredible. the wireless drivers were available from Aquarium Specialty on Aug 15th, very easy process, i signed up for an account on thier web site and paid them with CC. shipping for 2 of them was $21. The site explains the $50 refund per driver

this is the multi controller...they made the multi controller that was going to come out before the wireless controller a single item. so both will be 1 unit and coming at the same time. this is not available yet, they just did a presale on it

also, you need this controller per device, so 2 pumps you need 2 controllers.

@WeMa wrote:
this is the multi controller...they made the multi controller that was going to come out before the wireless controller a single item. so both will be 1 unit and coming at the same time. this is not available yet said:
The wireless controller is what I am referring to...I am planning on purchasing the wireless controller as well as the wireless pumps after it is released.

ok, so do you understand how it works now? you can PM me if i am confusing you and i can try to explain further.

The wireless controller has been replaced by the wireless driver in each and every vortec pump. IE you do not need a wireless controller when you get the wireless driver units as it is built in.

I was told cost would be $75.00 ea for upgrades no sending back old stuff so you will always have a basic backup.

@Glenn wrote:
The wireless controller has been replaced by the wireless driver in each and every vortec pump. IE you do not need a wireless controller when you get the wireless driver units as it is built in. I was told cost would be $75.00 ea for upgrades no sending back old stuff so you will always have a basic backup. said:
I guess I am trying to picture the central multi-controller then...how will one wireless controller manually control the other units

Each unit can be standalone or part of a group. All in how you configure them.

They are all wireless so will all talk to each other.

All do same thing, or opposite, or 1 and 3 vs. 2 and 4 etc..

@etc wrote:
[I]@Glenn wrote:[/I][quote="The wireless controller has been replaced by the wireless driver in each and every vortec pump. IE you do not need a wireless controller when you get the wireless driver units as it is built in. I was told cost would be $75.00 ea for upgrades no sending back old stuff so you will always have a basic backup. said:
I guess I am trying to picture the central multi-controller then...how will one wireless controller manually control the other units"]

You can set one pump as the master, and have all the other pumps act as slaves to the pump.

@etc wrote:
I think I understand now...amazing technology...now if they just weren't absurdly expensive :lol: said:
lol, i know what you mean, i am up to almost a grand just for 2 pumps with the new wireless drivers and a battery back up...but, 6000 gph flow with random or wave patterns and a full days worth of back up power, not to mention no added heat to the tank, i guess i cant complain

Think of all the money you'll save in electricity. :roll: :lol: We should break even in 21 years, right?

@Marc wrote:
Think of all the money you'll save in electricity. :roll: :lol: We should break even in 21 years said:
lol, lol, nice! lets hope they last that long...