Vortec Controller Release

Laser

Membership Expired
Does anyone know a timeframe on when ecotech will be releasing the vortec controller? I have checked the website and all it says is summer 07...Just wondering if anyone has heard of something with a firm date...

@RiftToReef wrote:
In my conversations with Ecotech July is the target date but they are optimistic about June. said:
optimistic about june, is this still the case? any new updates about this, or even some details?

awesome! thanks...are ya still having sand storms or did ya have to turn them down?

@hooterhead wrote:
We've got a huge bare spot right in the middle of the sand bed. That controller needs to get here soon! said:
How will the controller alleviate that? I've got the same problem but cycling the intensity of the pump isn't going to stop it.

From what I have been reading still July and $50 to update per controller I wonder if that includes shipping or do we have to pay for shipping.

Copied this from a post on reef central

The Wirelessly Controllable Drivers, (soon but not soon enough being released) have the added feature of being able to be controlled (program) to operate at an alternating flow pattern. Right now, you can just set the speed.

The differences between the Wireless vs. Single Driver Controller are the W.D.C. can operate multiple Drivers in a manner to create unique and changing flow patterns. The S.D.C. can only operate one Driver and with a shorter menu of options.

It was the decision to make the S.D.C. an added feature to the Wirelessly Controllable Drivers that slowed up the release. Based on many posts we received, it seemed to be a no-brainer to delay the release and add these features.

If the Wireless Driver Controller release is delayed, you (and I) will already have a VorTech Pump that takes advantage of its digital operating system. Right now you see the power (and great looks) it has. With the upgrade, you'll see it has brains too.

I spoke with Chris from Icecap and it's going to be August/September before the controller is released.

When you purchase the controller and upgrade they are going to send you the circuit board with instructions on how to replace it and you will send your old one back.

It seems like it's getting further and further away but it is going to be worth it in the end.

@NathanSE wrote:
[I]@hooterhead wrote:[/I][quote="We've got a huge bare spot right in the middle of the sand bed. That controller needs to get here soon! said:
How will the controller alleviate that? I've got the same problem but cycling the intensity of the pump isn't going to stop it."]

i'm assuming he has them opposing each other and that forces flow down, with the controller you could put them together on one side and have it do the wave action which would not dif that hole, or at least thats how i want to set mine up.

do we have any details on the controller, i mean will it do all the things an aquacontroller will do or just manage the vortechs, i mean if it does both, its worth the cost and wait, but if not then i dont know

http://www.reefcast.com/downloads19.php

watch the video on episode 15 this is reason most people want the controller :shock: :D

saw this on reefcentral today......

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=999936

interesting, did not know they are giving single controllers away with the upgrade, thats great, now if any of it will just come available, single, multi, wireless, any of it...

I can't even imagine what the cost on a few pumps and the controller are going to be. The sheer thought of it makes me cry.

I payed almost $700 for just 2 pumps and the battery then $200 for the 2 new controllers.

yeap , idropped $325.00 each last year at macna and going to drop another $75.00 for upgrades, plus purchase a batter back up unit

@WeMa wrote:
I payed almost $700 for just 2 pumps and the battery then $200 for the 2 new controllers. said:
Is the new controller already out?

Why did you spend $200, I thought the upgrade was $50, and came with the single controller.