Vibrant

Crotalus

Premium Member
Has anyone tried this algae treatment?  Reviews look good, but it sounds too good to be true. One person reported a nitrate spike,which is logical, but others aren't seeing it.

I've used it. It does work but you have to make sure you stick with it. It's not an instant cure. It got rid of the bubble algae I had in my tank.

My understanding is that fluconazole is an antifungal treatment. Vibrant contains multiple strains of bacteria which help to reduce nitrates and phosphates which in turn helps to eliminate the nuisance algae. Here's a thread on Reef2Reef that explains a little about it.https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner-discussion-thread.271428/

I have used Vibrant to iradicate some nusance bubble algae. Did a terrific job on that and virtually eliminates the slime algae that grows on the glass. Unfortunately, dosing every 4 days to kill off the bubble algae also killed my macro algae. And that resulted in a huge nitrate spike which has taken me a couple of months to correct. Be sure to remove that if you dose more than every other week.  Vibrant combined with fluconazole is suppose to be effective at eradicating bryopsis. I have a particularly hardy strain and have not been able to eliminate it entirely. It still keeps coming back. There is a rather lengthy thread discussing Vibrant usage on Reef2Reef.