Urchins

Crotalus

Premium Member
I have an opportunity to get a couple, or maybe more, urchins free.? Left over from a Lab experiment at SMU.I know nothing about them.? Besides quarantining for about a week, how do I feed an algae eater in a sterile tank? ?Thanks

Any idea what kind of urchins they are? ? In another month your tank probably won't be quite so sterile anymore and they'll have something to eat. ?:)

I did know, but my memory stinks.? All I remember was 1/2 of them had short spines and 1/2 had long.? The place my wife ordered them from in Florida no longer has them listed.? She must have bought them out.? It was over 100.? They might not be hurt with the experiments as well.? They are going to milk them and watch the zygotes grow which is supposed to be very fast.? One method of milking them just involves giving them a good shake.All I have is brown algae (diatoms) right now.?? I just got some chaeto from Grant (thank you) and threw it in the Refuge, so hopefully I won't get any other.? The LFS tells me my water is perfect.? Time will tell.? The fish are doing great.? The corals are struggling.