unknown algae

Lance

Membership Expired
I have this that is growing in the tank and have not a clue what it is. It almost seems like bubble algae without the pods but it are almost like a lettuce looking as well. The leaf does not get that long but do intertwine with each other. It is growing mainly on a rack I have in the tank but has now started growing on the over flow. Any ideas what it is??

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

@DFW wrote:
Do your fish eat it? Ulva was my first thought as well. David said:
That is what I thought as well but the tangs to not eat it from what I can tell.

Looks like ulva to me.. i'd scrape it off and let it float around, the fish may go for it more readily like that.

@ss95003 wrote:
does it just blow off? hard to tell from the pics. if it blows off look up green cyno. said:
No it grows and it is attached. It is leafy and has testure to it. I have been plucking it off the egg crate.

@Lance6270 wrote:
[I]@ss95003 wrote:[/I][quote="does it just blow off? hard to tell from the pics. if it blows off look up green cyno. said:
No it grows and it is attached. It is leafy and has testure to it. I have been plucking it off the egg crate."]

Yea for sure not green cyno then...but I am no help on what it afctully is.

@Ashlar wrote:
Ulva would be my guess as well. My tangs would never eat the ulva we collected on the texas coast. said:
that is very similar to what it looks like, and the only thing i ever saw eat that stuff was molly millers.