Titus's 110 in-wall

Both look pretty good to me. The Pukani does have a smoother look to it though. Won't matter much once it's overgrown with coralline and corals.

@mukymuk wrote:
Both look pretty good to me. The Pukani does have a smoother look to it though. Won't matter much once it's overgrown with coralline and corals. said:
Don't get me wrong, they are both awesome. If I hadn't of seen the Pukani, I would be very happy with the Reef Saver.

So the tank is supposed to be delivered between 2 and 3. It isn't here yet... I feel like a kid waiting for my parents to wake up on Christmas morning!

And the tank is here!!! Time to head to Home Depot for wood to build the stand.

20120420150435.jpg
alt="">

I finished installing the bubble trap baffles in the sump last night. Once the wall is framed, the tank will be put in place and I will have a few days to plump things before it gets sheet-rocked, textured, and painted. I have been working on plumbing the closed loop as well... its almost done.

DT stand was finished about an hour ago. The construction crew will get started tomorrow morning. I will be having them secure the stand I built to the concrete, and then attach the wall to it as they build, so the stand will essentially become a part of the wall.
20120422211143.jpg
alt="">

Just got back from home depot where I paid for all of the builder's supplies. The crew will be here in an hour or so to begin work. [smilie=evilgrin.gif]

Looks like an awesome build. I do believe your sump pictures helped me figure out exactly how I am going to plumb mine!

@Hook'em2006 wrote:
Looks like an awesome build. I do believe your sump pictures helped me figure out exactly how I am going to plumb mine! said:
Thanks, glad I can help. I don't have a lot of experience with it, but I spent many nights researching rather than sleeping to land upon the current design. If I have learned anything, it is that there is no one right way to do it, and if you ask 5 "experts" what design is best, you will likely get 5 different answers. [smilie=rofl.gif]

@Titus wrote:
[I]@Hook'em2006 wrote:[/I][quote="Looks like an awesome build. I do believe your sump pictures helped me figure out exactly how I am going to plumb mine! said:
Thanks, glad I can help. I don't have a lot of experience with it, but I spent many nights researching rather than sleeping to land upon the current design. If I have learned anything, it is that there is no one right way to do it, and if you ask 5 "experts" what design is best, you will likely get 5 different answers. [smilie=rofl.gif]"]

Yeah, I know what you mean. Lots of different opinions out there. I am slowly learning all the little and big things needed. It's a fun ride though!

Thanks Hoopsdaddy!

Last night I made a plate for the wall in the filter room to support the PVC pipes running to and from the tank. From the bottom up, there is a 1.5" drain, 1" return, 1.5" for wiring to left side of tank, and 1.5" for wiring to right side of tank

20120424075241.jpg
alt="">

Headers are in place. The family room side has the header positioned 4" above the tank and my office side is 9" (this is the side that the tank will be accessed from). The side with the low header will have the gap covered by a 6" picture frame typed molding. The other side will probably end up a lot less fancy looking with something like 1x12 poplar boards routed and stained to frame the tank, with the top piece and right side piece hinged for access.

20120424133028.jpg
alt="">

I work from home full time, and today is officially a work day. I have to confess, I have spent a lot more time today staring at the wall take shape than actual work. [smilie=lipssealed.gif]

@BrianG wrote:
I cant see them [smilie=crying.gif] said:
Strange... All of the pics are being hosted on imageshack... can't imagine that I have exceeded bandwidth???

Here is a link to the whole album: http://imageshack.us/g/840/0023dmodel.jpg/