Saltwater stores in the dallas area?

[I have noticed ( and had the same complaints ) about A.D.. Have learned that if you see something there you are interested in, and they shoot you a descent price, you might as well go ahead and get it then, because it is guarenteed that the price will change ( usually go up ) the next time you are there.

But I have never had my water tested there. What all test do they do? I usually have Bill over at Pet Boutique do my water test, because he has no problem also doing calcium and other test if you ask him. I did make the MISTAKE of taking a water sample out to Bedford with me one day. I quickly changed my mind on them testing. They want ( I don't remember exactly ) somewhere around a buck50 per test run.

Doc]

[So where do the Plano folks go? Please recommend somewhere w/decent prices and a good selection of softies and LPS. Im really looking for a nice green ridge hammer coral, so if you know somewhere that might carry one please let me know!]

[Living in Allen, I go to Aquatic Design alot. I usually buy all of my sps from Scott at Saltwater Paradise. By the way I get sps corals cheaper there than online, without the box charges. I bought a 120rr and a custom made stand from A.D. 3/2002, they gave me the best price on the tank after I shopped around. This year I am building a new home and wanted a 215rr the owner would not even talk about trading in the 120rr on the new tank. Saltwater Paradise was building a new store and ordered 1 too many 215s and Scott sold it to me for cost, plus shipping from Oceanic it was $400 cheaper than the price A.D. quoted. He also is holding it in the storeroom till the house is ready. By the way A.D. does have a price list of fish on the wall above the door going to backroom. I do not know if all fish are on it though. I always deal with Frederico at A.D. he knows what he is doing. He actually lost a lot of corals when me moved his own tank recently. And I gave him a couple of nice sps frags for his tank. Because everytime I have dealt with him he has given me a good deal on livestock that I have gotten there. He is off monday and tuesday and I won't even go there then. I go back to places and give them my business after talking to them and getting to partially know them. I don't expect to get things for nothing and do not expect to pay internet prices locally. And I have found out dealing with Scott or Frederico at these stores that if they think you know what you are doing and come back more than a couple of times, they will deal with you.]

[Thanks Rick, I will ask for Frederico the next time I go. It figures my last stop there was on a Tuesday and the kid was a bit clueless. I have heard such good things about Scott but what a drive! I wish my LFS was worth a darn! I think Im the only reefer in town though! Will Scott special order things if he doesnt have them in stock?]

[
Will Scott special order things if he doesnt have them in stock? said:
I am sure he will order anything you want. But if you have time to wait on a order from him you could get it online. Unless you mean livestock, then I would get it from him. I do not like ordering livestock online, corals or fish. I like to see them in person.]

[Aquatic designsn Plano is the store for me. I have been doing business there for about 4 years. They have a good staff and good prices.

:grinning:]