Saltwater stores in the dallas area?

[I'm realativly new to the Dallas area and currently attending the Art Institute of Dallas. Recently I set up a small reef tank in my apartment but was wondering if anyone knows of some really good saltwater stores in the area? I am living close to 75 and Park Ln. but anywhere in the general area would be fine for me. I know of Dallas North Aquariums and while very nice also isnt the cheapest. I've also visited Saltwater Solutions on 35 in Farmer's Branch. Anyone know of some other ones in the area? Thanks for the info.

-Travis]

[Hi Travis,

We have had meetings at two stores in the recent past. Go to the meetings button on the dfwmas.org home page and there will be a link to a map of Planet Pet in Bedford, and Saltwater Paradise in Irving. Also, if you are looking for livestock, meet up with some of the members at the meetings. Los of good connections for frags and such within the club.

Brad]

[really like Planet Pet, helpful associates. IMO Dallas North is way overpriced for the "poor" reef enthusiast as myself]

@ck1 wrote:
[really like Planet Pet said:
[Use you local aquaria club folks to stock your tank too. The raffles are a good chance to get cheap stuff every club meeting. Although, right now I've got more of those flourescent pink sand polyps, and brittle montipora frags scattered all over my tank than I can handle from those raffles. ;) Between that and a basketball sized rock that had clavularia polyps on it I rescued from a live rock bin, I'm drowning in some of these kinds of corals right now.]

@Steve wrote:
[There is also Aquarium Designs in Plano. Shopping center on Parker and Alma.] said:
[I think you mean Aquatic designs. That is kind of a small shop, but probably the best one in Plano. There is also Plano Pets (I think that's the name) on 75 and Springcreek, NW corner by Castle Furniture. They just moved from Ave K so they are slowly getting their saltwater stuff stocked.

I had originally gone to Dallas North to get some Caulerpa, since I new they had some. I also wanted to get a Lawnmower Blenny; the blenny and a handful of caulerpa would have cost me $35 + tax. I called Aquatic Design and they said they had some Caulerpa, so I ran over and ended up getting my blenny and Caulerpa for $14 after tax.

I have also purchased snails for my tank, and also cichlids for my mbuna tank and have been happy so far. They have some kids working there that can be kind of stupid, but there is a couple of guys there that are reasonably knowledgeable.]

[I stand corrected. It's Aquatic Design. I get my water for changes there. I agree with everything you said about the place.]

[Hey guys...first post!!

Went to Dallas North..did they move?..or fold? No one at home..anyway, The one in plano is OK, had a problem with some of there sales tactics though :ghostface: ...does anyone know were the store that was E. of 75 on Parker move to? just curious as I stumbled on it and when I went back, they were gone...]

[I've seen some posts about a LFS in southwest FW.

What is the name of the LFS and it's location?

Thanks, James]

[Maybe you mean Fish Paradise off Alta Mesa and Woodway? If you need it more specific than that, well, it is in a strip mall at the N/E section of that intersection. Next store is a tobacco store called Smoker's Paradise or something similar.]

[Thanks, Marc.

Obviously, you've never been there :;):

I travel along I20 from time to time and I'll try to swing past sometime.

Later, James.]

[No problem James. I'm sure Lee will be happy to help you spend some money. :D Just exit Woodway and head south. At Alta Mesa, take a left and you'll see it on your left almost immediately.]

[I found a "quaint" little store on Jupiter at Walnut, North East corner. Called SP Aquariums. Not alot there, but she will order you anything you want. Easy to deal with, and alot cheaper than anyone else I have found. I picked up a Sailfin Tang about 3 1/2 inches long, and a Clown Tang about 3 inches long there for $45. Also got a bubble about the size of a tennis ball for $30. DNA had one the same size for $65.]

[Boutique Petshop on Garland road (beside white rock lake and listed in phonebook) Decent not great

Some place that says saltwater fish for sale on Miller and Plano Rd. (northwest corner at far back of strip) looked through window but was closed

I thought that place at Greenville and Parklane just opened up? Aqatic design or something next to Taco Cabana. never been there maybe does not exist?]

[There's a mail order LFS called 5th Day Aquatics that delivers in DFW. They're new & small, but honest and good pricing. They'll order anything.]