Ron's 300G Tank Move and In-Wall Installation

Yep. I love the addition to the room. But I guess that's obvious, because I added it! It's the best improvement I made to the house, from a personal perspective anyway!

Thanks for the kind words!

Great looking tank. Here's a few pics I snapped while Ron was making my frags...
636ae75f-a852-c5ac.jpg
alt="">
636ae75f-a860-0e8f.jpg
alt="">

Thanks for taking t he pics Ben! I never seem to get around to doing that.

I always hear the family say it looks weir when they see my hand randomly plundering around in the tank. Yep they are right. The pic with my hand in it does look weird.

I hope your frags grow like mad!

I still have more frags if folks want to get some.

Thanks for doing this thread. It is a big help to those of us interested in doing a built in. The tank looks great and keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Picked up some cool frags at Next Wave! I'll have to take some pics again once they settle in and open up. I acclimated them, but they still aren't open yet. I can't wait.

Ok. My lights came on and some things are opening up. Here are a few pics.

This is the flowerpot. It's kind of yellow and pink. At least it was on the vendor's display. We'll see what it looks like under my halides.

636ae52d-adfe-3ddd.jpg
alt="">

I'm not sure what this one is, but it looked cool. I've seen them around, but don't know it's name.

636ae52d-b0f0-a548.jpg
alt="">

I also picked up some pink Zoas. They haven't opened up yet.

636ae52d-b122-7b98.jpg
alt="">

And lastly, I finally got a piece of Dave Washington's Elephant Skin coral. I've been eyeing up his piece for a long time. I love this stuff for some reason.

636ae52d-b1b0-0ef0.jpg
alt="">

Everything went on the right side valley of the tank...that may give you a little reference for size.

636ae52d-b1ce-e3e6.jpg
alt="">

The Zoas don't seem to like their new spot. They may be too high up. When the halides kicked on, the few that we're opening up a little, sucked back in.

636ae52d-e71e-7227.jpg
alt="">

Whoa. Time does fly. I went to Jdthomas's house to pick up a new frag today. While there, we pulled up this build. I realized I need to post something new. So here it goes.

He had some red montipora in his tank. So first up is my green. This shot is from above the tank looking down.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364500231.652322.jpg[/attachment]

Next up are some giant polyps, some birds nest, and some red digita.
uhutaner.jpg
alt="">

Here's a big ball of branching hammer, some zoanthids and a yellow scroll.
egysyneb.jpg
alt="">
Here's some more zoanthids on the other side and a few big lavender hairy mushrooms. Again a top down shot.
nu6y9ema.jpg
alt="">

Here's a better shot of the scroll.
[attachment=2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364501008.434618.jpg[/attachment]

Some frags I have stuck behind some of the rock work. Anyone need some zoanthids.
[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364501065.968635.jpg[/attachment]
I'm not sure what this is, but it used to only be on a small rock. As you can see it's encrusting now.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364501156.968426.jpg[/attachment]

Here's my green slimmer. I moved it from the other side of the tank. You can see it a few posts back. There's also some bright red digits, some red thing.
[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364501491.135310.jpg[/attachment]

Here's my giga clam...still a little small. I haven't had him that long. But he was a baby when I first got him.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364501540.952318.jpg[/attachment]
Lastly is some blue something or other. But you can see two big branching hammers behind it.

Now for some wider tank shots. This is the left side. You can see how big those montipora are in the center.
[attachment=2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364501804.250895.jpg[/attachment]

This is the right side.
[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364501876.518457.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364501914.435342.jpg[/attachment]

And here's a shot looking down on some type of tabling acro.

I hope you enjoyed this. I'll try to post more.

Also if anyone recognizes any of the corals that I didn't know their names, please post them here so I can learn them.

Here's the chalice and digita I got from Jason. [attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364504905.305293.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364504965.439181.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks!

Well...nothing in my tank seems to stay put. The chalice and digita were moved...I don't know who did it, but they are now on the list. I;ll be keeping an eye out for them again. I just repositioned them again! Grrr.

Jason,

Well I put it back, but it was moved again. I couldn't find it all day. I finally found it, upside down on the other side of the tank in a cave at the FRONT of the tank. U thought I saw a lithe red around the edges...and sure enough there it was!

So I glued it to a rock AGAIN. Hopefully it will stick this time.