Redrilling Tank for Bigger Bulk Heads

I have a 175 bow and I also run a DART. I have had both pumps. The dart and the panworld 250. The Dart wins hands down. It much quiter doesn't heat up your water and uses way less electricity. I throttle mine back to the tank also with a valve and also use it to run my protien skimmer. You can run all your equipment off the one pump. If you plan to run all the equipment, be sure to take advantage of the 2" inlet to ensure you get the 3600gph. If you have any questions about set up let me know.

@mtraylor wrote:
I have a 175 bow and I also run a DART. I have had both pumps. The dart and the panworld 250. The Dart wins hands down. It much quiter doesn't heat up your water and uses way less electricity. I throttle mine back to the tank also with a valve and also use it to run my protien skimmer. You can run all your equipment off the one pump. If you plan to run all the equipment said:
I never thought about using it to also run the protein skimmer. How are you doing that? Can you post some pics of your plumbing setup?

You can run a tee off the outlet for every device that you are going to use. When I first plumbed mine, I used a Y and some flex Pipe. I will see if I can find a pic. If you use a T for each outlet its much neater.

Thanks for the info. If you can find any pics, please post. With every device I purchase for the tank, the more I can envision how the plumbing will be setup. I just picked up my Reeflo Dart and 2 Phosban Reactors for future usage (carbon, etc).

In this plumbing picture I used a 2 inch inlet from my sump and three way outlet at 1.5" with flex tubing on the outlet valve of the pump. This way I insured I got maximum flow from the pump. I put valve's on the two to the returns to cut back the flow and left the one to the protein skimmer wide open.

Thanks for the pic Matt. Do you have one going to your skimmer? With the return pump feeding your skimmer, how does it get the bubbles in the skimmer chamber? I thought the needle wheel pumps are what created the bubbles.

I have an aquac protein skimmer which has an Spray Injection System which creates the bubbles. This skimmer requires a high rate of flow to create foam mate.