Our Crazy upgrade to a 450 gallon display!

@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:
Took some of the slack out of the hose from the skimmer to the locker. Wish this locker fit on one of the Red Sea pro salt buckets! It only fit on the taller buckets so there isn't hardly a height difference between the skimmer & the locker.[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/usepupa2.jpg[/img] alt=""> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Might check one of those 2.5 or 3 gallon buckets like kilz primer comes in.

You can buy a shorter bucket at Home Depot or the Container Store. Like a 3g instead of a 5g. That would give you the proper drop.

I'll have to look for one. Clear/white might be nice too so I could see how full it was getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished painting the stand and doors.
esuva4u4.jpg
alt="">
adyvezyd.jpg
alt="">

Hallelujah I see color coming back to my Hawkins colony!!!! Bet it would come back faster of we actually got around to swapping the 250's for 400's on the outter halides.
va8e8e4u.jpg
alt="">

My husband put the doors on the stand tonight! We still have to do the wood pieces that will cover the silver corners & overflows. Here are a couple of pictures with the lights off so you can check out the finished product thus far.
3u5epa6e.jpg
alt="">
upanevyz.jpg
alt="">

that looks great ... are you planning on putting anything in that top half of the tank or plan on keeping it open?

@Carabelli wrote:
that looks great ... are you planning on putting anything in that top half of the tank or plan on keeping it open? said:
Planning to keep it open and let sps grow. I like the open water column for fish to swim. Our old tank was way too crowded.

nice - well, the sps will certainly have plenty of room to grow!!

have you guys moved most of your sps out of of your frag system to the display?

Feels like we got nothing done this weekend. Our old tank is sold and out of the garage though. Love that it found a great new home!

We did take the 250 bulbs out and switch over to 400's on the outside 2 halides. Also changed the light schedule so the 2 outter halides come on an hour before the center and then the center stays on another hour at the end of the light cycle.

My husband increased the height of his standpipes and now you can't even hear the tank is running in the house!! He added screens on the drainpipes and fuges as well.

Oh...did another water change. Redid the left side of the rock structure as well which required breaking up some of those corals. There is mass destruction in our frag tank because we haven't mounted any of it yet. Also spent a couple hours trying to get our Lamarck angel female out of the overflow! Still no luck!!!

And our huge Naso died Friday. We never got him to eat. That is the part of the hobby I just don't like. I think he was sick. Frank is taking care of me though.

Yep....that's about all.
6eraqenu.jpg
alt="">

I just realized that I had a shorter empty bucket from pool chemicals so I put the avast superlocker on it and got the tube line running pretty much downhill. I think it's still getting hung up in a spot so if anyone has suggestions I'm open to them. I'll have to empty it more often this way....last week my skimmer produced about 2 1/2 gallons!
3a5asa9y.jpg
alt="">

Move the bucket next to the sump to take away that dip in the line. Or ziptie it to a rigid dowel / plastic rod. Or secure it to a sticky on the side of that water storage container with velcro or a twist tie.

@Marc wrote:
Move the bucket next to the sump to take away that dip in the line. Or ziptie it to a rigid dowel / plastic rod. Or secure it to a sticky on the side of that water storage container with velcro or a twist tie. said:
If I put it in front of the sump it's in the way to put salt in the saltwater barrel. That's why it's where it is. I tried taping it to the saltwater barrel but Velcro might work better. Tape didn't work.