Our Crazy upgrade to a 450 gallon display!

I think we are finally seeing some improvement. Our brains have their color returning and looking good again. I have a few sps that are still alive...at least a small section of them. I'm hoping that they start to color back up and grow again. I'm seeing more color in the pink lemonade that survived. Can't believe that my pearlberry is still alive! Once I see some good color and growth I'll start adding frags again. I keep telling myself that one day I'll be happy this happened because we added more rock and will have more room for corals in the long run.

We went to Frank's sale and added quite a few new fish. Still a drop in the bucket in this tank! Ha ha!!
gunedaty.jpg
alt="">

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice setup. I think my wife and I sat with you at lunch at franks on Saturday. One of our anthias died. I think we ended up getting a male that our original Bartlett didn't want around. The other seems to be doing fine.

Matt

@Guppy Breeder wrote:
Sorry to hear about this I have a few pieces im able to frag said:
That would be awesome! Very nice of you to offer. Going to be going all sps but no encrusting.

@Fish Outta Water wrote:
Nice setup. I think my wife and I sat with you at lunch at franks on Saturday. One of our anthias died. I think we ended up getting a male that our original Bartlett didn't want around. The other seems to be doing fine. Matt said:
Yes! I remember we talked! I love putting faces with people on here! We bought 9 anthias Saturday and have one that isn't doing so hot as well. Anthias establish a higharchy and end up killing each other. I bought 5 lyretails and the only one without a spike is the one that isn't doing well. I might have ended up with 4 that are changing to males because they have a spike on their top fin.

@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:
[I]@Guppy Breeder wrote:[/I][quote="Sorry to hear about this I have a few pieces im able to frag said:
That would be awesome! Very nice of you to offer. Going to be going all sps but no encrusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"]

i have a good couple of sticks to choose from

Today we added more dry rock and removed a bunch of the dead sps colonies. Added a Naso that I got from Frank and she is eating well. Yay! Rock structure is much better now and ready for a lot more sps once we are ready. Still battling the tank perimeters and not quite ready to start adding sps again yet. But thought you guys would like to see the rock structure improvement.
azazaden.jpg
alt="">

Thanks! It actually makes the tank feel wider! I keep telling myself I'll be glad this crash happened one day because it gave us the opportunity to add more rock. More rock means more sps too. Ha ha.

Here is our new addition to the system! Frank pulled this reef octopus biopellet reactor off his system and we happened to go in right after he did and snatch this up before he had a chance to post it! Only running 40% of recommended amount of biopellets currently.
hy8apagy.jpg
alt="">

Thought I would share my hubby's solution for jumping wrasses. (Since our yellow wrasse jumped and hit the light and ended up in the overflow). These are painted plexi. He cut them & used zip ties to secure it, but we can still access overflow because they hinge.

5urysuzy.jpg
alt="">

You have no idea how excited I am to say this, but I think this tank has finally stabilized!!!!!!

4c967f868b4e458b05bda20997bfe10f.jpg
alt="">

That is our tank's nitrates before biopellets (left) and after about 3 months (right).

I only have one sps that survived (Cali blue tort), but I started to see blue return to it this week and about jumped up and down!

Here is a current picture

87f1dbeb755227e2d1d564754ffc5bf4.jpg
alt="">

2941cde086734456f6eaa5c2a4f71379.jpg
alt="">

I'll see most of you tomorrow at the swap!

I didn't get a pm. Weird.

It has been a roller coaster of domino issues. I think we finally have our issues resolved. I was hoping to be able to get some frags at the swap and I was really pleased to see the blue tort start coloring back up this week. Means we are headed in the right direction. I want to get some color in this tank!!!

@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:
I didn't get a pm. Weird. It has been a roller coaster of domino issues. I think we finally have our issues resolved. I was hoping to be able to get some frags at the swap and I was really pleased to see the blue tort start coloring back up this week. Means we are headed in the right direction. I want to get some color in this tank!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
it coulda been something I ment to do and didn't get to it. But im glad to see the tank coming back around

@Guppy Breeder wrote:
[I]@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:[/I][quote="I didn't get a pm. Weird. It has been a roller coaster of domino issues. I think we finally have our issues resolved. I was hoping to be able to get some frags at the swap and I was really pleased to see the blue tort start coloring back up this week. Means we are headed in the right direction. I want to get some color in this tank!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
it coulda been something I ment to do and didn't get to it. But im glad to see the tank coming back around"]

Good to know you were wondering. :)

Yesterday the left side of the rock structure completely took a tumble. So, my fantastic hubby spent his evening with 2 robot arms moving rocks around. Luckily there wasn't much coral on the rocks that collapsed. He has it locked in much better now. While he was doing that I noticed that one of the 4 Koralia mag 5's stopped running. So I soaked it in vinegar overnight and got it running in the sink this morning. HOWEVER, in the middle or running fine it started to run in REVERSE then tripped the GFI. Needless to say that isn't going back in my tank. I've been wanting to get Jebao pumps for a while. So, I placed an order for 2 Jebao wireless RW-20's. Can't wait to get them!!

@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:
Yesterday the left side of the rock structure completely took a tumble. So said:
They rw series is fantastic I haven't been able to test the wireless function but my rw4 is a beast. I replaced my mp10 with it an couldn't be happier

@Guppy Breeder wrote:
[I]@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:[/I][quote="Yesterday the left side of the rock structure completely took a tumble. So said:
They rw series is fantastic I haven't been able to test the wireless function but my rw4 is a beast. I replaced my mp10 with it an couldn't be happier"]

That's awesome to hear!!