Our Crazy upgrade to a 450 gallon display!

I wonder if one of those 3m removeable hooks that use adhesive stuck to the sump & saltwater barrel upside down would hold it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some 3M hangers and did this with the skimmer drain line.
yjava5as.jpg
alt="">

Plus got a Vlamingi tang & Jade Torch from Frank today.
6u7a2y9y.jpg
alt="">
abegype7.jpg
alt="">

You wont be disappointed with the Vlimingi. Great fish with a great personality and very peaceful. Hearty and active. It will love your tank.

I could hand feed my old vlamingi tang one of my favorite fish

That's all great to here about the vlimingi! Never had a tank big enough to even consider it before...ha ha.

This is what we currently have...anyone have any suggestions on other favorite fish to add? I was thinking Bartlett anthias for sure. Would love a couple female divided leopards too.

Current stock:

Vlamingi (23" - 2 ft mature)
Blue hippo (12" mature)
Kole eye - (5.5"-7" mature)
Powder blue (9"/ 21" mature)
Sailfin (15" mature)
Long nose butterfly (8.5" mature)
Male Japanese swallow tail (7-9" mature)
Female Japanese swallowtail (7"-9" mature)
Lamarck angel female (9-10" mature)
Male lyertail (6" mature)
2 Female lyertails (6" mature)
2 Leopard wrasses female (6" mature)
Yellow coris wrasse - 1 (5" mature)
Cleaner wrasse - 1 (5.5" mature)
Dragonet male (2.5" mature)
Golden head sand sifter -(5.5-7" mature)
2 b&w clowns (3" mature)
1 chromis (3" mature)

With what you already have, I would go anthias and you like Bartlett's so I would go with them. Get a group of them, and before you buy them make sure they are eating frozen. Anthias are great fish, but can be a pain to get to eat. In a couple of days if they aren't eating then you are in a bind and they don't do well overall at this point. With your large group of semi-aggressive fish I would also consider more lyretail females and or a group of pink square anthias. Pink squares can get a little rough sometimes though. Another more peaceful option would be about a dozen more chromis.
With a tank as tall as yours I would look for fish that would work the upper middle water column to add to the look of the tank. You have a lot of options that I didn't even mention but options are nice to have in this hobby. Just my 2c.

@hoopsdaddy wrote:
With what you already have said:
Yes...I definitely need more upper water column fish!!!! It looks empty up there!! Lol!

I have a trio of lyretails. 1 male & 2 females. We have had lyretails for years! The male I have always seems to get it down to a trio (being aggressive toward the other females) and doesn't like to have anymore than that. Otherwise I would add more small female lyretails. Thought maybe if I did bartletts he might not have an issue.

Got the moulding pieces cut & painted today to cover the corners.
y2u8a8yj.jpg
alt="">
5yga3ata.jpg
alt="">
e5avamup.jpg
alt="">
jy4a9ugu.jpg
alt="">
Plus got some shelves up in the fish room and some things hung.
u2e8aber.jpg
alt="">
udyjenu5.jpg
alt="">

Looks great. I love your fishroom - so handy!

Have you been looking at your thread with a real browser? You might want to hit the Enter key a couple of times in Tapatalk before adding an image so the format looks right.

@Marc wrote:
Looks great. I love your fishroom - so handy! Have you been looking at your thread with a real browser? You might want to hit the Enter key a couple of times in Tapatalk before adding an image so the format looks right. said:
I haven't looked at it on the computer. Guess I should.

Beautiful tank and organized fish room doesn't get any better than that

Andrea

Just went through all the pages and I clicked back and forth to look at the old and new tank. The new tank completely dwarfs the old tank and made the old tank look like a nano. I love how the old tank had a mini display tank at the bottom...very neat as I've never seen that before. Updates on new tank?

It's been a rough couple months. First we started losing fish one by one and ultimately lost 14 fish. Then, we went to Ohio and came back to our SPS and our clam looking terrible. We ended up figuring out that our refractometer (and our calibration solution) was off by quite a bit and our salinity had creeped up to 1.029. We adjusted our salinity by pulling water out over a few days and adding freshwater. But, we lost SPS colonies one after another. I'm still not convinced that the tank has settled out. We have been able to reintroduce fish and they are doing very well.

We decided that since we lost so many of our colonies we would take the opportunity to build up our rock structure to a higher point. We weren't using up enough height. So, this past weekend we did just that. But, we have lost almost all of our sps! It's heart breaking! Very upset about losing our Hawkins!! We have a few that haven't died off completely, but it will take us a while to build our sps back up. I'm going to have to start recollecting frags as soon as I feel that the tank is on the mend. Here is an iPhone shot of the tank after we added the new rock. You can probably see how much coral we have lost.
quvu6uge.jpg
alt="">