Our Crazy upgrade to a 450 gallon display!

The last 24 hours have been both productive but also EXHAUSTING! We were up till 3 am this morning pulling coral, fish, and snails from our old tank. Then got up at 8 to drain and move the old one so that we could pick up and move the new one to the same spot. Our corals were bigger than we realized! Huge! We have coral everywhere and our fish are in our frag tank. Here are some pictures:
ehevyrup.jpg
alt="">
u5ysarus.jpg
alt="">
uha4ane8.jpg
alt="">
uzabahyg.jpg
alt="">
4u5u6ehe.jpg
alt="">
vavumu8a.jpg
alt="">
5u6eqy9u.jpg
alt="">
qujeqyja.jpg
alt="">
6e9yte4u.jpg
alt="">
evaqu9y7.jpg
alt="">
agegyteb.jpg
alt="">
tu4ugequ.jpg
alt="">

Today we cleaned out the tank. You know your tank is big when your kids beg to go in it so you send them in to clean it up!
ypuzu6am.jpg
alt="">
3asevede.jpg
alt="">
u7uja2ug.jpg
alt="">
My husband is working on plumbing the tank now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erika,
What are you planning on lighting it with? I don't know that I've ever seen a home aquarium that deep.

Tank is now half full. Water mixing station is coming along. Just need to hard plumb saltwater pump to sump once we get it in place and plumb pump to auto top off from freshwater.
mu7arupa.jpg
alt="">

While we wait on the next 150 gallons to mix we figured we would add the 220 lbs of CaribSea Aragon-Alive Fiji Pink sand....Now the tank is FROTHY!
e8a4a7av.jpg
alt="">
avetuhuj.jpg
alt="">

My husband is wearing his EAT-SLEEP-REEF shirt but has decided the SLEEP part isn't applicable to this huge project so he X'd it out. Lol!!
y4eruvej.jpg
alt="">