ORange Chalice

ss95003

Membership Expired
Has anyone seen a really nice orange Chalice? real orange not a rust red or brownish color. I have a couple really nice orange acan's and want a nice orange chalice.

Yep... they are out there. The Orejini is a sought after chalice. There are other varieties of it around the net on various sites. Colonies run 400-500 on average and frags will run in the 125-150 range. They are more readily available these days, 6 months or so ago you were paying twice as much.

I Have seen pics of the that. Dave I know you and drew are the chalice experts around here. Is it really a nice true orange color?

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/ShowProductCategory.aspx?CategoryId=83

some orange chalices in here

@ss95003 wrote:
I Have seen pics of the that. Dave I know you and drew are the chalice experts around here. Is it really a nice true orange color? said:
Its more of a golden orange, they look metallic sorta... there are several available around the net that are more golden in color. The Orejini is more orange gold, but not a true orange like a sunset monti, that hazard orange. It really depends on lighting. Those varieties are about as orange as I have seen though. I've yet to see a hazard orange like the sour apple scoly orange or the sunset orange. I imagine they exist though... I just haven't seen one.

I have one. Its a med size colany. Fragged it for the first time last week. Both frags are doing well.

Closest to orange that I have.

Mark

OrangeCrushChalice.jpg
alt="">

This one is buried in my tank and I don't photograph it too often. I guess it isn't all that orange though.

eot_sps_macro.jpg
alt="">

td_orange_chalice.jpg
alt="">