My very first Saltwater 100g tank

Any advice before we make the next step and it can be changed easily would be appreciated! I know it's hard to tell in the picture, but we have space all the way around the rock to help with waterflow, all the caves have an open space in the back of them as well. I'm not the best photographer with tanks, I'll have to read up on that.

Looks great! I love the varying elevations and all the nice hiding spots you've laid out!

@Airstreamin wrote:
Looks great! I love the varying elevations and all the nice hiding spots you've laid out! said:
Thank you! I tried to keep the airflow in mind when we were placing everything, yet I like alot of 'caves' and things for them to swim around in. :)

Update.....

Got the Tunze ATO installed this week... Used a 15 gal tall to get maximum capacity for RO/DI storage and still be able to fit it in the cabinet. I wanted to go as large as I could considering I travel for work fairly often and it will make it easier for my wife while I'm away. I added the elevated eggcrate stand to allow sludge from kalkwasser to settle underneath and mounted a cradle for the pump so it stays put. Drilled holes all the way around the cradle so it pulls from the sides and not from the sludge that settles below. All water parameters look great! And we now have an abundance of copepods. All indicators lead to a healthy system so far... ( fingers crossed ). We added a six line wrasse and a Molly Miller Blenny last night to go along with the existing 2 clowns, snails and hermit crabs. Our red halo zoah seems to be doing well also. [smilie=lol.gif]

Good idea on the eggcrate in the ATO container, may just have to steal that idea from you ;)

Looking good. If your still not happy with the noise level of the Dursos in a few weeks you can change to a Herbie style drain. You would use both drain and return holes in your RR overflow as drains and run the return outside the tank over the back. They create a full siphon and are quiet.

He can do the herbie style overflow without having to run a return externally I believe. He has 2 drains and 2 returns.

Look what my awesome wife made for me to record my water parameters. She's the best. Now it will be easy to document, compare and keep in my file. Planning on keeping an archive.

They are a good idea to have. I created an excel spreadsheet for mine so I have a history of parameters too. Also, all water changes and any other important maintenance.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

I wish my first setup was this well thought-out and clean. Kudos on setting up a dedicated QT early on. You won't regret it. I've kept out all types of nasty stuff and just discovered a majano on a rock with some corals a couple of days ago.

I have been so busy with graduation and getting these boys in college I haven't had a lot of time for my photography. LOL Hopefully this weekend I will have some downtime and can get out some more pictures. We do have a lot of new additions since my last update. Everything is looking really good. I wish Rose and Rosette would come out after their split, it's been two weeks, but they are looking healthy. Since we started the tank we have actually only lost one thing, and that was my birdsnest. When Rose moved the first time she took out the nest. :-( But I've been pretty happy with the progress we have made. There are a couple of things I would do differently if I had to do it all over, but you learn as you go. :)

Got tired of having my RO/DI water in multiple containers. Wasn't fun filling 5 gallons here and 2 gallons there etc.... Wanted to get maximum volume in a very confined space. Standard 55 and 30 gal drums wouldn't fit next to my dryer and I didn't want to resort to storing my water outside (wanted to keep it in a climate controlled area and this space was my only logical choice). Found this 35 gal unit at Tractor Supply and it fits in this space well... I acid washed it, rinsed and allowed it to dry all afternoon in the sun. Put a 90 coming out of the bulkhead and installed a ball valve with handle facing inward to help prevent objects from getting snagged on the handle when walking in/out of the garage door. I think this setup is gonna work well.

Updated photo...been slowly adding as we find coral we like. Got some good stuff at the frag swap... Trying to decide placement.

Our newest family member.... Well, actually this one belongs to my wife..... Pyramid Butterfly.... A few days in the peacemaker and he should be good to go.