Mitch's 240 Build Log

@My Exotic Fish & Corals wrote:
Mitch said:
Thanks Rodney. It is definitely the best built thank that I have had, an I have had a least 10 larger tanks in my time. I will post some more pics tomorrow.

I haven't updated my thread in a while so here is my short update:

Yesterday I finally received my sump/refugium after a mix-up at my LFS. I ordered a 56x20x16 but I ended up with a 46x20x16. Not a big deal and they made it right by giving me 5 bags of Carib Sea sand and some miracle mud. I figure that is fair with the mix-up and all. I also added my cleanup crew that I received this morning from ReefCleaners. So far so good. The Florida Ceriths are still chilling in the same spot from this morning. They are lazy. This go round I only went with snails and will get some hermits in a few weeks. Here are some updated pics:

alt="">

Left-side Sump
alt="">

Right-side Sump
alt="">

Please excuse my cabling mess. I will be working on it tomorrow. I had to order a few pieces of PVC from Amazon because I have two small leaks. I also went ahead and order 2 check valves for my returns just in case of a power outage.

I changed the aquascaping a little after adding the sand. What do you guys think?

@Mike R wrote:
Coming along nicely. Great build so far! [smilie=clapping.gif] said:
Thanks Mike R. It definitely hard being patient before adding the fish I want. I will get a few in next week and QT for a little to make sure everything will be fine.

@dallasfishman wrote:
Looking good mitch nice meeting you today said:
It was good to meet you too. I already mounted the SPS in the aquarium and they look really good; at least to me. Thanks for the super deal. I will try to get you those turbos and rock sometime this week. When would you be available so I can come drop it off to you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk