Mat's 255 Gallon Rimless Aquarium Build

Well I got all the tangs that I think I need. Once I added this beauty, I thought she wasn't going to make it because she was getting beat up by all the other tangs, especially the achilles. That little sucker is really aggressive towards new tangs. Anyway, after a couple of weeks, everyone is really nice to each other. [smilie=wink.gif]

This is one of the most beautiful tangs I have ever had.

I have completed the assembly of the skin around the aquarium. I have had allot of trouble trying to get a stain match to fit the decor in the house. I guess this is going to take a while. Anyway over the last several months I have been stocking the aquarium with new coral. I will update with pics later.

Well I bought allot of new zoo's for the aquascaping. Some really nice deep water zoo's and some really nice colorful tri colors. They are really starting to color up now. I had to reglue all the deepwaters to rocks once I lost one small red colony. Here are a few pics. I'm also starting to glue some of my sps/lps corals down and getting things arranged like I want them. Once complete I will take a new full tank shot.

More deep water zoo's that I picked up. There are really starting to color up. Here are some fruitloops and some yellow jackets. I have just found a new spot to place these. They have filled out nicely and are ready to put in the aquascape.

Well I finally got around to staining my door covers for the aquarium. I went to sherwin williams and they tried to match a stain for me and that turned out to be a disaster. I eventually found a stain that I liked on the internet and I have finally finished. The stain is a java brown. I put two coats of satin finish on the wood to finish it off. Here is a few pics of the wood. One of the boards has warped a bit from being in the hot sun. I guess I'm going to have to put it back in the sun with some bricks on it to get it leveled back out.

Well now that the cabinet doors have dried I was ready to install. I had to take the one board that warped a little bit, back out in the sun and place center blocks on it. After about 4 hours of baking in the sun the board was straight again. [smilie=lol.gif]

This is how my new setup looks now. I really like it. Now I have to start on aquascaping the corals a bit. Most of them are still in the sand bed. The next big step will be to put my phytoplankton reactor back on the system. I'm trying to design a system that is some what maintenance free. We shall see how that goes.

Thank you. I was really happy to have finished the wood work. Now I'm working on some automation features for the aquarium. I hope I can get a self sustained phytoreactor going.

While making my weekly through the LFS's, I found this little nugget at Aquatic Design. I couldn't resist and had to buy it immediately.

Found some really cool Zoo's this weekend. African blue steels I believe. I think they look close to the deep waters I have just reverse colors.

Found some new deep waters as well. I glued these to a rock. The last really cool red on red deep waters blew under my sand and died so this is as close as I can get so far. I think these are really cool.

Well my sand bed is slowing going away since i have added allot more zoo's and some georgeos clams. I have been glueing corals down left and right to get more sand bed. This is a picture of a chalice on the right side of my tank. This baby blue chalice is growing out of control and taking up too much real estate. i'm going to have to get rid of this little puppy to pull up some of the other chalices that I have in the sand right now. I hate loosing coral to the sand storms that kick up every now and then.

You've got a beutiful tank Mat! You should show it off at the next tank tour! [smilie=clapping.gif]