Mat's 255 Gallon Rimless Aquarium Build

I would recalibrate your pH probe just to be sure. Let me know if you need anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

WEll I"m not for sure exactly what the name brand of the test kit was. It had a nudibranch on it. It was in a light blue box and I think it said fast track. I threw it away. I remember buying a test kit a while back it wasnt the same brand but it had the same instructions. After you add all the drops and it changes colors. Divide by two and mulitple by 2.6 to get your DKH.

Update:
I went to the LFS and bought a new Red Sea Pro Reef Foundation test kit.

Parameters:
DKH 12.6
Alk. 4.5
Calcium 440
Magnesium 1280

MY PH probe still says 9.02. So I put it in water from the sink. Its reading 8.39. So I think it is off as well. I'm going to soak it in vinegar for about an hour and then recalibrate and then test the ph. My manual PH test kit says its 8.4. I hope that is right. Its just a regular Red Sea PH/Alk test kit, so you have to go off the color code.

Recalibrated the probe. I'm at 7.98 PH. HOLLY CRAP.

I dont know what the *&^*^ happened here over the past couple days. It seems that my PH was always off or it just went bad when I dumped in the buffer. I'm betting it was off before I put the buffer in. Lesson learned here is all I have to say. The Dendro is starting to come out so Im happy. I hope the corals hold up to the non sense I just put the aquarium through. [smilie=itwasntme.gif]

Update:
I'm at 7.79 this morning. So I think I'm out of the weeds. I would like to thank everyone for thier help and williness to get me out of this jam I got myself in. I think I was lucky. I had two things going on apparently. My probe was not accorate and my DKH was actually down. Lesson learned.

Thanks.

Basically all the damage that I have seen thus far was some RTN'ing on my huge Red Planet. i cut a small branch off, and I think it spread to one other branch. I think its done now. My Fish got ich from the cold water change I made and now I have brown algae (diatoms) in the sand. Other than a couple other mother colonies not showing great color now. I think I'm good.

Well on Tuesday I had an order of corals come in that I order the week before. Basically a bunch a frags. They all came in pretty much pitch white. I guess because of the cold weather. I have glued them all in the aquarium. It will be interesting to see if they color up or not under the LED's. The two in the back are frags that I had under the MH's. They came in pitch white as well. They have colored up under the lED's so far. You can see some color coming into them. I will see if I can get some pics of the rest of the new coral frags.

I took some pictures of some of my colonies so I can see if they hold their color or not. Here a couple pics. I will have to take a few more pics over the weekend. I tried a couple of top down pics but they were all blury. Guess I will have to have camera stand. Very tall one that is.

@mtraylor wrote:
Well the frag in the upper right corner didn't make it. IT RTN'd. The other frags are doing ok so far. said:
Man that sucks! Are you talking about the first group pic or second group pic

This is the one that died. The other two new ones in the frame seem to be doing well. I guess its going to take 3-4 weeks before they color up. Hopefully they don't have the same fate. I have an order with WT to come in after the holidays, so I have some replacements for the spots.

Ron,

This is the coral that we both ordered from WT about a year or so ago. I think it was called the peach something or other. It turned out real nice. I can frag this for you if you want a piece. This is the one that I thought died and it came back with a vengeance. For some reason, all the frags I get over the internet are white when I get them. I don't know if this is because of the dipping process I put them threw or what. But you can never be more careful. Well I'm new to the top down pics, so this pic is the best I can do so far. With the old MH, I would get burned if I tried it.

I believe this is a lokani. It has a very different color to i. After doing the top down corals I actually found another birds nest the size of a baseball. Didn't know I had it.