Mat's 255 Gallon Rimless Aquarium Build

Matt, I really enjoyed your thread today. Do you still have the Achillles tank and the pair of Tamrins? That octopus coral looks amazing too.

Thanks. Yeah I still have the Achillis Tang. He is one of my show fish. He actually regulates pretty much whom lives or dies on an addition. He kind of reminds me of Wolverine! Its the only Tang that I have that can protrude and retract its tail barb for fighting. I will take a new picture of him. He is very beautiful. The wrasses are no longer in the aquarium. They left two impressions on the floor after my mystery wrasse chased them out and onto the floor. Its a tough neighborhood.

I have had this dragon breath brain coral for about a month now, and the LED's have really colored it up. I'm really impressed.
This guy is starting to look like it is powered by batteries.

I really believe that there is NO better fixture than the Mitras!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thanks I appreciate it. I think all the new LED fixtures out there are great! I actually used less than 1K watts on my electric bill. That hasn't happened before. I'm really curious to see savings in the summer. As they do have limitations as well as the other fixtures, the pros out weigh the cons. I'm still battling a dang blue polyp issue. I think they are blue polyps. I kill them off, and they come right back. This part is getting frustrating. I'm thinking about using the fluke tabs, but I don't want to kill off my shrimp.

I finally got a picture of my Achilles Tang. He has been running from the camera since I brought it out. He usually just sits there for a pic when I don't want him in the frame. Figures! Well as you can see, he is allot bigger now. My Achilles and Bariene Tang are my pets. They eat out of my hand and let me pet them. No more petting after a nasty cut [smilie=smile.gif]

Well my Anemone had lost its bubble tips. I have had this conversation with several people as to why they loose their tips in some aquariums and not others. I don't think there is a definitive answer, but that said after going to led's the tips have started to come back in my anemone. It has taken several months. They are not back all the way yet, but its starting to look good again.

Well Its been a while since I posted on my build thread. Its been a rough go. On a different thread I used fluke tabs to try and get rid of the blue star polyps in my aquarium and the treatment didn't kill the polyps but it took out most of my SPS and allot of my softies, including my sea fans and star polyps. Its been hard getting the parms back in and settled. I stopped using my bio pellet reactor as well, because it was generating some really bad green algae. Anyway, the aquarium is getting back to normal again and I decided to take a few pics.

My Midas Blenny has a home above one of my Miami hurricane chalices. Its really cool, because he keeps the chalice from growing over his hole in the rock.

This is a cool chalice I got from Jason Fox's booth on Next wave. It hasn't done much since I have had it, but there were allot of issue with aquarium.

Do you still have the lawnmower blenny? I had two and they died on me. Never could figure it out other than not enough green algae for them. BTW I was snorkel ing in Costa Rica and saw a huge lawnmower about 8" long. hehe