Looking to sell my setup

Im looking to sell my 75 gallon reef ready tank with full oak canopy and hood. Includes led lighting and sump of around 30 gallons. All pumps, freshwater topoff system, 75 gallons a day ro/di system with dual di. Alot new filter socks, octopus extreme skimmer 160, probably 50 gallons or more of reef crystals salt mix. Approximately 100 pounds of live rock...guessing maybe more. A few fish and some corals. Korilla power heads three big ones and two nano's. Various other items included , glass scrapers, salinity tester's crappy hydrometer and a good Refractometer, a gfo/carbon reactor. Im in Wichita Falls Texas so you would have to see the tank to realize its value. The led lights alone were very expensive and are one a few months old. Whole setup isnt more than a year old. Has two black aussie perks and a rainbow watchman and a few snails , large black brittle star, large coral banded shrimp. Anyone interested let me know. Around 4k invested overall. Reason im getting out is i have been reefing for 30 years and its time to move on for me and spend more time with my family. I have been working alot and just dont have the time as well. Its a nice looking setup you wont be disappointed.

Thought i would never get out of this hobby but i think for me its time.

$800 cash no parting out. Its worth alot more...tank and equipment are like new and everything works.

Say it aint so, we were just getting used to you being around. :(

dude come on
no ones gets out alive
i quit for a few years and you wouldnt believe how self destuctive i got
my wife who knows me even said i was starting to scare her
just embrace the addiction
its one of the few that most likely wont kill you

Lol... thanks guys. For the time and effort and cost of everything $800 is crazy. I really do enjoy my tank...guess its why i have done it for so long. CRAP! I hope im not getting talked out of selling it. Its kind of like having a dog and wanting to go on vacation but no one to keep the dog while gone. Another reason, im wanting some new carpet and hate having to move tank. Lot different reasons.

OK sell the tank, but keep the good stuff (like leds) for the 150 upgrade down the road.......You'll be back !! Ok, all joking aside. Some addictions are good and this is one of um' ...if you can afford it. It keeps you at home and with the family. Many others don't ! 30 yrs is quite a while. Hope you decide to stick around a couple more. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Your set up tempts me! I really don't think you're ready to sell....just a feeling I get. Hang in there a few more months. It might be a touch of winter depression that has you thinking these weird thoughts!

I'm sorry i havent replied back to all the private messages. I have been working 7 days a week now. Im very tired and over whelmed by hours spent at work. I guess its a good thing to at least be so busy with a job. I dont know how im doing it but my tank still looks good to my eyes. I have been in this hobby for many years and it is a passion of mine. In the last few days i have thought about things alot. My reef brings me much enjoyment and it really relaxes my soul. Maybe its why i have done it for so long? I feel a little foolish now offering it up forsale. I guess i wasnt thinking straight from the overwhelming work load and such. There's only one thing i know for certain, and this is it! This is a great club with some awesome folks.

I have decided to stick with my passion....and that is reefing.

After driving myself crazy and some of you talking me out of it

DFWMAS--- Im here to stay!!!

@ntl555 wrote:
you might as well just sell it and UPGRADE!!!! [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif] said:
Naw, its the perfect size. Not too big and not too small. I have had bigger tanks and its just right. Suits me fine

I knew you weren't ready to call it quits! I'm also very happy you figured it out before someone took you up on your offer. Keep on reefing....

Hey Michael -- maybe you can plan a trip to NextWave. Should be a terrific day and we will all get to meet you (face to face).

@Jim wrote:
Hey Michael -- maybe you can plan a trip to NextWave. Should be a terrific day and we will all get to meet you (face to face). said:
Hey Jim, I would love to do just that. I plan to buy two tickets. Im kind of a shy person believe it or not lol . Sounds Like a really great time. I can't wait [smilie=wink.gif]

I know I'll be spending my time checking out badges to see who's who! (as I stock up on corals) I'll be looking for you. I'm a fat old gray haired lady who will be carrying my big navy blue insulated shoulder bag full of corals!

@Saltpro wrote:
I'm sorry i havent replied back to all the private messages. I have been working 7 days a week now. Im very tired and over whelmed by hours spent at work. I guess its a good thing to at least be so busy with a job. I dont know how im doing it but my tank still looks good to my eyes. I have been in this hobby for many years and it is a passion of mine. In the last few days i have thought about things alot. My reef brings me much enjoyment and it really relaxes my soul. Maybe its why i have done it for so long? I feel a little foolish now offering it up forsale. I guess i wasnt thinking straight from the overwhelming work load and such. There's only one thing i know for certain said:
I understand how u feel I get up at 430am to drive a hr to work and I get home around 8pm ive thought plenty of times to just give up the hobby then I didnt have time for anything just sleep and now that I moved to wichita falls I was planing on taking a look at your tank and get some tips on how to better my skills :) so im glad your not getting out staying in for the long haul ;)

reinstated...system is forsale. Im out for good. Hate to get out but time has gone by and is limited now. $800 for everthing, thousands invested. Serious inquiries only please. You will get a good deal if you know what everything cost. Good bye DFWMAS my time and passion has expired. This is such a great club and group of nice people. Someone come get a nice tank. No hair algae or any bad stuff included. Firm on price.

My hope is for Wichita Falls to form a group that can get involved and learn from each other like DFWMAS has.

Reef on my friends.

I'm out