In wall 120 gal UPDATE

Chris - great job.. Very clean, well thought out. When you are ready for corals, I'll be happy to give you frags of my sps.

I am such a slacker 6 months and no updates!!! Like they say nothing good happens fast in this hobby. So lots of pictures to follow, but sorry no coral pics. I am still working on my white balance. How about a list instead

Blue tenius
Montipora Digi
Ora Tort
Ora green birdsnest
Teal Green acro(not sure what this one is yet)
and a new GBTA

They are all encrusting nicely and showing good extension.

So on to the pics

I finally had all I could take manually toping off water. I had always liked Weathersons anti cycling RO/DI reservoir. I have to give all the credit to him. His tank and DIY skills amaze me.

His build of this on RC [/url]http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=275455 The build. I needed two chambers...bums/v252/cmachine/boxsetup.jpg[/img] alt="">

I hope you have some serious lag bolts in those shelving brackets. Alot of weight up there. How many gallons is your Reservoir at max ?

3 2 inch lagbolts per bracket into studs. Not to mention those stanley brackets are thick.

I think the tank willl hold somewhere around 15 to 20 gallons.

Yeah why so high up...i understand gravity fed portion. are you feeding through the top of your tank?

Very nice setup very clean unlike my hoses and wires everywhere underneath my tank

The fish room is more of a fish closet, just getting it out of the way. It is draining into a float valve in the sump.

ive been looking for this post for a while, nice set up, i am really considering a motion 8 way set up...

Tank is cruising right along, I am using Randy's two part to keep my alk and cal. in check. With the window unit and fans over the sump and top of the tank the temp has stayed in a 2 degree swing range. Ph fluctuates quite a bit, I would like to start adding kalk at night to help with the drop when the lights are off. I usually see a swing from 7.8 to 8.2.

I have added a few frags and everything is growing nicely with good polyp
extension.

DSC_0027_edited.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0023.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0021_edited.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0020_edited.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0018_edited.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0017_edited.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0011_edited.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0026_edited.jpg
alt="">

Looks great. I love that one SPS with the teal polyps (#4 down from the top).

Of course, a coral that I would surely kill. :sad:

Hey Chris any update on that red algae bloom. You left my office before I could give you the phosphate test. I have a rubbermaid stock tank if you want to scrub everything down. Also I will need to sit down with you and maybe you can help me plan my plumbing out on my new tank.

Pampee,
Its bad news! :twisted: I affectionately refer to it as pulling weeds. I know I ran off without the test kit and didn't think about it till I was down the road. I would be glad to help you out anytime you need it. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Well I would say its about time for a update. Seems I have received some good karma from helping Donnie move his monster tank and break down the 300. I picked up a Foxface and a Sailfin tang from him to clean up the Red algae Ive had in my tank for a LOOOONG while. I tried fighting it without using critters, just trying to control my water parameters. I wish I would have added the fish 8 months ago. Within the few weeks I've had them they have reduced the algae from about 80/% of the tank to 20% and still going strong. Some days I think the Foxface is going to blow an O ring :lol: . My clowns still refuse to host the BTA instead they host a small hole right above the BTA :roll: . My wrasse is on his usual pod patrol... beautiful fish.

DSC_0015.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0018.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0023.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0013-1.jpg
alt="">

While fighting the algae I felt that using my main drain to feed my skimmer was putting too much turbulence into the chamber to be effective. I could pull skimate but I felt my production was limited by how slow of flow I had to maintain to keep the foam head productive. I remedied this by relocating my return to the other end of the tank and used the old overflow return as a second drain. I lowered the level and put a strainer on it and now the skimmer gets bubble free overflow water.

DSC_0151.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0156-1.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0158.jpg
alt="">

DSC_0167.jpg
alt="">

My tank is about 95% SPS and right now I am using a LM3 to dose two part to keep my levels up. I plan on utilizing a Calcium and Kalk reactor soon to take the place of the two part.

DSC_0161-1.jpg
alt="">

Some photos to show the growth, not great growth but I do run 20k lights.

Green Acropora ?
DSC_0169.jpg
alt="">
Purple cap and Digitata
DSC_0163.jpg
alt="">
ORA Rose Milli
DSC_0174.jpg
alt="">
ORA Tort
DSC_0154.jpg
alt="">