I came across a few awesome critters today.

bump1

Membership Expired
We came across some Maroon lightning Clownfish today. I was so tickeled I bought them both. Not even having a place to put them. I just had to have them. The lg one is not all that but still nice, the sm one is just way to kool.  View attachment 2681  View attachment 2683I was wondering as she is not all that with her want to be awesomeness like her Bo. Will she stay the way she is or MAYBE later on will she get more lightning on her. I think not but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Hope I get good news lol.Will they host in a sebae anemone ?Here is the other critter I got today. I didn't ask what kind of seahorse he is my bad I forgot. He was all alone and at half off I wanted him. So I made sure he was eating well and I looked him over well to make sure he was healthy. I was told I can order a room mate for him but I would get what ever the send sex wise. He is anything but shy. I have him in my big tank for now but his tank will be going up in a day or two then when it is ready I'll move him over. I do know the dos and don'ts with the horses so know worries there after I get him out of the big tank.  We keep it cold in the house so I may or may not need my sm chiller. We keep our house really  cold so we have antifreeze in our veins to keep us from freezing LOL I will see how cool it stays  and if needed ill bust out the chiller for him.View attachment 2682If u know what breed he is let me know. If I don't find out here Ill ask when I get the lady to order him a roommate after his tank is ready for them.

I can't see the picture clearly but, try Oceanrider.com to see if one of theirs looks like yours. There was a belief in part perpetrated by Oceanrider that seahorses mated for life and if the mated pair was separated the other after time would quit eating. That they would never relate. I believe part of this was disproved recently by a seahorses partner dying in captivity and taking on a new but, I've been wrong before. I have no experience directly but reading says seahorse are not reef friendly or more over reefs aren't seahorses friendly more to the point. I think most seahorses are tidal pools more than open reef. I've seen mangrove setups, macro algae set ups. Also, I don't think they like a lot of water movement. Pipe fish, some sea fans, other seahorses and many inverts are suitable tank mates. I'm 90% certain blowfish cloros don't change but, there is a gentleman selling specialty clowns on the forum - he is likely the expert.

Iv kept SHs in the past. My first SH was on his death bed when we got him. The store couldn't get him to eat at all and said he was probably going to die soon as he was so so supper skinny. I told them I wanted to buy him anyhow to see if  I could get him to eat. They gave him to me as they couldn't get him to eat and wanted to give him a chance. He lived for years. He was a free critter that wound up costing us over 600 bucks. At first I had him in a 75 gallon softie frag tank. But after He got better I had to get him a proper tank of his own. So I bought him a 46g bow front then I needed lights and a skimmer a sump/ fug and so on. LOL he wasn't free at all. Then I had to get him a girl friend. She didn't like him at all.  So later we bought him a pair of sisters and they all liked each other a lot. I know the tank isn't SH proper but it will do till his  new home is pony ready. He is a young man and still small. But I don't mind if we get stuck with 2 or 3 of the same sex. They all seem to flirt with each other and if I get babies again its free food for the other tank if I can't find someone to take them in. Im assuming other fish will eat them. Thanks for the help Brian.

I was wondering what anemones Maroon clowns like to live in. Ill be getting them one later on.  

I fed my tank today to ck on my new SH. After it came out from where ever it was I took a video. Turns out now that I got a good look a it, it turns out its not a bouncing baby boy its a lovely little girl. Going by my video it looks like not only is she not shy or scared of anyone in the tank she is also a great hunter and loves to eat. Sorry its so big and to short. It took me forever to get it small enough to post it.View attachment 2689

It was a longer video for a total of 1 min and 14 sec. 3 sec is all I could get it to take. I am sure there is a better way to get more on here I just don't know how to do it. If u all can't tell me how Ill  try to redo it so u can see the hole video.

Thank you Chris  I might give that a try again. I haven't did that in years. I have a few videos out there from way back. I wonder if they are still there and if so how to find them. LOL 

Well she is doing great. She comes out to eat and swim and hangs with the other fish then she goes back to hunting mode and out of site again. I didnt set her up a tank as she is doing great in this one. I know she should be in a tank of her own but she is happy and really likes to hang with the cardinals. I feed frozen mysis shrimp and buy pods. This is her on Jan. 28 View attachment 4493

Posted by: bump1 I was wondering what anemones Maroon clowns like to live in. Ill be getting them one later on.   said:
Powerhead.  You could have the biggest Sherman in Texas.  Maroon clowns . . .  Powerhead.  I know I know, its an old thread.