Hoopsdaddy's 8 foot built-in w/tank room

And finally for the night. A couple of photos to give you some perspective on how big the walkway is. Now if I can just train her to scrape the glass...

DSC00625e_zps4dc7a7fd.jpg
alt="">

DSC00626e_zps89fef1c8.jpg
alt="">

@pjracer wrote:
Well at first caralvue said the impellers become in magnetized but they sent me a new impeller pretty quick and that want it. It just was becoming harder to dial it in and the skimmer water level would go up and down. When you pulled the pump out of the water the impeller was staggering. So now they told me to send the entire pump in. Should here from them tomorrow. said:
Update. They replaced my pump. Fast turnaround. Then one day into its operation my sump decided to have a wall blow out so I'm working on that.

I had the diablo a few months ago. Great skimmer no problems. On my new tank I went with the sro3000 reef octopus with bubble pump. Awesome skimmer as well. When I empty my cup out you almost want to plug your nose with the gunk it pulls out. But I do have about 39 fish last count in my tank

Dang PJ it sounds like it is raining and pouring on you right now. Hope you can get the sump put back together soon. Glad CoralVue got you back up and running and all is well with the skimmer.

Chromus, I am glad to have you both following along. The beagle is one of the best dogs I have had. She is not your typical dog. How is your build coming along?

Thanks for the info galaxy. I have heard almost all good about most of the RO skimmer line. I couldn't decide between the SRO5000 and the new diablo. I went with it because the waveline pump got such good reviews. I hope to test it out a little bit this weekend. If I can I plan on videoing the skimmer in action.

Build is coming along at a good pace till now. I am waiting till nextwave to pick up my sump and then the following week I will finish the plumbing and get the tank started cycling. I ordered my carbon reactors, biopellets, and heaters yesterday and some more salt. Hope you all have a happy valentines day. See ya.

Looking awesome Charles! Is the pump that came with your skimmer the new apex adjustable model?

I am not sure. It is a DC pump and is adjustable via controller provided by the company. If you find out it is apex controllable please let me know as I have not heard that as of yet.

All the sudden I love making saltwater!!! Having a mixing station is even better than I had imagined. It took about 3 minutes to have 50gal of saltwater mixed this morning. I will let it run for a bit before I introduce it to the QT this weekend, but wow am I happy that I went ahead and spent the money to make this happen.

Had a busy day today. Got a lot done on the tank and tank room. Let us know what you think. We really like how this has come together.

DSC00631e_zps9a8b325c.jpg
alt="">

DSC00632e_zps72c2e1eb.jpg
alt="">

DSC00634e_zps09e15f0f.jpg
alt="">

Now if NextWave would just hurry up and get here so I can get my sump!!! LOL
DSC00637e_zpsdeff9ba4.jpg
alt="">

HAHA, yeah it does, but I am waiting to pick up my sump at NextWave. Once the sump is here, I will have water in it that week. Can't wait for that day to come!!!!

Thank you very much!

Purchased a MP60w es tonight for the display. At some point in the maturation of this process I hope to add another. At next wave I will pick up the sump. When that happens I will finally plumb the return for the remote fuge, frag tank, and main display. Leak test everything, and then fill it with saltwater and order the lights! Moving right along now! Can't wait to get there, but I have been absolutely enjoying the process. My wife deserves a ton of credit for this build. She has been so encouraging and supportive and will not let me settle for a something that I don't think is within the best interest of the tank and it's future inhabitants. We have had a lot of fun with this tank.
We have the QT set up and the cycle started. It is a 75g tank with a sump. All together it took almost 100g to fill the tank. Nice round number for treatment if necessary. All fish will be housed in this tank before introduction to the main display so that I can make sure they are eating, are healthy, and are acclimating properly. I will keep this tank set up just like any normal tank, but it will be bare bottom until it is time to QT various wrasses, and then I will build something like Marc's sand/mangrove bowl from MACNA so there is a place for the genius of wrasse that burrows at night and when stressed. Once this tank is ready to go it will be time to start the fish purchases. That will be fun!

@hoopsdaddy wrote:
I am not sure. It is a DC pump and is adjustable via controller provided by the company. If you find out it is apex controllable please let me know as I have not heard that as of yet. All the sudden I love making saltwater!!! Having a mixing station is even better than I had imagined. It took about 3 minutes to have 50gal of saltwater mixed this morning. I will let it run for a bit before I introduce it to the QT this weekend said:
http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?567-New-RLSS-DC-Pumps-are-Apex-Ready-and-will-be-at-Global-Pet-Expo
Here is latest news from Apex covering the pumps you referenced

Visited with the guys from Neptune and they said there is skimmer control coming in the near future.
Picked up the sump Marc made. Wow, it turned out great. Got a ton of comments on it at the show. He used it as advertisement and got a lot of positive feedback from it as well. Picked up my MP60 from Jack and really enjoyed visiting with him. Only a year in the hobby and he has a great looking tank and he is asking all the right questions and really doing things well. Nextwave was a blast and it was cool to meet so many people and talk shop with them.
Tons of updates coming this week and I will be positing a ton of pictures.