Hoopsdaddy's 8 foot built-in w/tank room

@hoopsdaddy wrote:
The lights are Reef-breeders Photon Series. I have 2-32's and one 16 on the tank. I really like them and the customer service was and has been top notch. The back of the tank is a black piece of fabric that my wife made. It has Velcro strips at the top that make it super easy to take on and off. Really clean looking in the fish room and from the display side you would never guess it is fabric and removable. Really nice for when I am working in the tank to be able to see everything easily. Thanks for the compliment. said:
I'll have to look into those lights and I love the fabric esp so that you can clean the back of the glass

Lot of people are running these lights. They are really strong though if you get them with optics. Start them out really low.
http://www.reefbreeders.com/led_fixtures.html If you have any questions, you can just call them and talk to Logan. Good knowledge of what to go with on various size tanks.
The fabric was my wife's idea and she did a great job with it. You are right about cleaning. It makes it much easier just to pull it off and then scrub the back glass clean. Also, really nice if you are working in the tank to be able to take it off and see everything. As a kicker, I put some of the "less desirable" corals in the back of the tank so that you see them when you are working in the fish room. Kinda gives the impression that their are two tanks. Looks completely different in the back.

Chromus, Thanks for the kind words.
Yes it has. I also added several large SPS corals and a few frags when I added the clam. I have had to adjust my alk/calc dosing via apex. I have a bunch more SPS frags coming in next week. I am a stick addict......

I have been really trying to figure out my dslr camera. It has been frustrating but I am keeping at it. Here are a couple of shots from tonight. It takes a while to edit them because I have never done anthing other than resize and make minor adjustments to a photo. It has taken me a while to get to the point where I can get closer to editing a photo and make it look like it looks to my eye. Here are a couple of my favorite pieces in the tank so far.

Orion's Delight
alt="">

Unknown.....at least to me.....
alt="">

Strawberry Fields Tabling Acro
alt="">