DaveJ's 300G Build (Build has officially begun - In Process)

I'll get some shots of the tank this weekend hopefully.... but here is a new addition coming tomorrow.

lg-042512-149a.jpg
alt="">

LOL yeah came in... hung in for a week or two... then blew up. got the credit for it.. will try another one at some point. My other two microlades are doing well. I am beginning to think the source may be an issue. Divers Den has been shipping me stuff with heat packs in it and that is not a good thing during the spring/summer. I complained about it, some palys also came in very warm and half died off. I got colony of darth mauls that is looking good finally after being touch and go. Some jokers melted down in a day... and a mix paly colony didn't fair much better. Ive got it in the sump and its starting to come around so hopefully it will do well. Thank god for their 15-day policy or I would be PISSED.

@DaveJ wrote:
LOL yeah came in... hung in for a week or two... then blew up. got the credit for it.. will try another one at some point. My other two microlades are doing well. I am beginning to think the source may be an issue. Divers Den has been shipping me stuff with heat packs in it and that is not a good thing during the spring/summer. I complained about it said:
That’s too bad as that was a beautiful piece, but it has been a common theme as I had two different shipments come in with heat packs when it was well over 85 deg here. I immediately contacted them letting them know there would be problems and they always resolved them to my satisfaction. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a couple of their Microcladus colonies but waited too long only to have someone else grab them.

@psteeleb wrote:
[I]@DaveJ wrote:[/I][quote="LOL yeah came in... hung in for a week or two... then blew up. got the credit for it.. will try another one at some point. My other two microlades are doing well. I am beginning to think the source may be an issue. Divers Den has been shipping me stuff with heat packs in it and that is not a good thing during the spring/summer. I complained about it said:
That’s too bad as that was a beautiful piece, but it has been a common theme as I had two different shipments come in with heat packs when it was well over 85 deg here. I immediately contacted them letting them know there would be problems and they always resolved them to my satisfaction. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a couple of their Microcladus colonies but waited too long only to have someone else grab them."]

Yep... it was pretty. Shame it didnt get better care in transit. At least I wasn't on the hook for the cost as these are not cheap.

Update Time...... Been awhile. Check out some of the frags from earlier posts. They have all gone and grown up on me!!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO-F6C_udCE[/video]

Not yet, its doing very well though and looking nice. Marc is supposed to bring his camera when he picks up a frag, we have just not hooked up yet. That long 3 block drive is murder ;)

So something is up with webcam it shows the tank for 1 sec then locks up. If I refresh screen it will show again for 1sec

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

Works intermittently for my from a tablet but works fine on a pc.

The sohal looks awesome!

If you click on the display it should show a play arrow... click on that. It works in most web browsers. On my iphone I have to use chrome to view it, safari doesnt do it. No issues with desktops, apple or windows.

@Wes wrote:
The sohal looks awesome! said:
Yeah that punk has matured nicely.... king of the tank. Keeps the other two tangs pretty much in the one corner of the tank, there is a black tang and dejardini in there too. He scares Frank tho, hes tried to barb him a number of times while cleaning the tank LOL