Custom 115 gallon!!!

Well stand built (frame) no skin yet. Tank has been plumbed and has been running for some time now. Just finished moving all of my Ricordea over to it and they look great with the black sand!!! I will add pictures soon. Thanks for looking!

I picked up another tank from the same tank builder to use as a refugium. Beautiful refugium!!! Rimless 32"x16"x10" It's going to be a display refugium. [smilie=smirk.gif]

Had some hard times since my last post in this thread. The girlfriend, who I moved in with in October, lost her job in December. She was very pregnant and would'nt be able to complete the probationary period at any other job so we decided that she would stay home for a while and rest up for baby. Thank God I had recently gotten a promotion and the $$$ perfectly compensated for our loss, I mean down to about $20 give or take. So with the extra car payment, insurance, phone bill, and the other part of the bills she was covering... I could'nt justify spending the money on the new tank mentioned above [smilie=crying.gif] UNTILL now,I sent payment for my new tank!!! It will measure 74" long, 20" wide, and 18" tall. I'm goint to start a new build thread I think... Maybe just have this name changed.... Anyway, I plan on stocking 5 Potters Wrasse's and at least two blue spot jaw fish, and a Sailfin tang, and lots of clams!! Any thoughts, comments, or advice??? Thanks!

5 potters wrasse would be an amazing accomplishment, they are some of the harder leopard wrasses to keep. tried my luck with one and lost it within 2-3 days. But maybe things will go differently for you! Good luck and I'll be following along.

Well I have 3 healthy and fat Potters wrasse at the store being QT'd for me, wish the tank was ready....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is built and curing!!! After numerous changes and tweaks the measurments are.... 74" long 20" wide and 18" tall Thank you David!!! [smilie=clapping.gif]
I will be constructing the steel stand with a good friend of mine that works as a fabricator at Peerless Manufacturing. He laughed when I asked if he could handle the job, lol. I'm picking up the steel from Fulton Metal in Denton on Saturday morning. I will have the outside frame pieces cut there for a $1 per cut charge, which seems cheap to me. I'm going to need around 74' of square tubing which seems like too much but the measurments fit. Anyone have an opinion on the size of square tubing I should use? They have 1", 1.5", and 2" I'm not going to use the 1" for sure, but what about the 1.5"??? After the frame is built I plan on having wood panels secured via magnets on the outside... So should I undersize my steel frame an inch to compensate for the thickness of the wood? That wat I can have half inch ply on each side... What about the front doesn't the bottom of the tank need to be contacted 100% on the bottom to ensure the tank doesn't fail? Thanks!!

d4ddd8ef.jpg
alt="">

OK, just a random comment, but it struck me as really funny right now seeing the picture of that stand being built under the title "Custom 15 gallon!!!". [smilie=lol.gif]

If any moderators are following this thread or stumble upon it, would you please be so kind to change the thread name to "Custom 115 gallon!!" Thanks! What do you think DeanB?

Can anyone assist in moving a tank this Saturday? Please let me know. I will try and make it worth your while.