Carl's 195 Tank build

Once again I've bought another lens. This wide angle lens replace the one that was stolen back in April. I ended up taking some close ups with that didn't turn out too bad.

tankpictures013.jpg
alt="">

tankpictures027.jpg
alt="">

tankpictures028.jpg
alt="">

tankpictures029.jpg
alt="">

tankpictures030.jpg
alt="">

tankpictures031.jpg
alt="">

tankpictures032.jpg
alt="">

tankpictures034.jpg
alt="">

tankpictures035.jpg
alt="">

None of these are photo shopped. I was pleased

Your tank is looking really good. The only photographic suggestion I have is to brighten up your full tank shots. They seem too dark on my screen. Love seeing the progress of your tank.

Alot has happen since I last updated, so I'll give the quick story. Tank had been going through some changes. I didn't know what it was but just didn't look happy. I did some water changes, still know luck I had been running carbon and phosban but I had cut the pumps off on both but left them in the tank. It had been in there for a month or so all the while my tank was looking bad. I looked closely in my sump and I could smell this odor and low and behold it was the phoban reactor. Smell like sewage. It must have still had a siphon. I took it out of course and did some water changes and my tank begin to improve. It was doing well and THEN my wife nieces came down. While I was away one of them got the urge to feed the tank and dumped two months of food in my tank, killed ALL my fish. Blonde Naso, Black Tang, Blue, Mag. Foxface, Tomini Tang, 5 Bartletts. All DEAD!!! [smilie=angry.gif]

Well I clean the tank of the dead fish, all except the blue tang, which I could not find. Did two 50 gallon water changes 3 days apart and ran lots of carbon. I let it sit for a couple of weeks, tested my water and went and bought more fish as you can see below. At the same time I switch from Reef Crystal to Tropic Marine and man! [smilie=surprised.gif] . Maybe it not the salt but thats the only change I've made but the coral which did survive the food spillage, looks good.[smilie=smile.gif]
Check out my new additions below:
IMG_0422.jpg
alt="">

IMG_0423.jpg
alt="">

IMG_0424.jpg
alt="">

IMG_0425.jpg
alt="">

Heres a short video, it's kinda blury because it's my SLR camera.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZgttygiJ0[/youtube]

That is really bad but it looks like your corals made it through all that. Tank is looking good now, nice video by the way.

So, it's been a while since I've last updated. Life has been a little busy for me. Tank is doing good, had a SPS base die off on me but the tips are still growing. I snap a few picture to keep my log up to date, so here goes

IMG_1736.jpg
alt="">

IMG_1737.jpg
alt="">

IMG_1738.jpg
alt="">

IMG_1755.jpg
alt="">

IMG_1758.jpg
alt="">

Has anyone ever felt like taking your tank down and removing all the sand and replacing it with new sand. That's what I've been thinking for a while but the task is enormous. So I try not to worry about. Tanks looks fine but I get this coat of algae that build on my rock and I just think the tank needs a good cleaning starting with the sand.

awesome grothh Carl

your tank looks fantastic

and yes I wanted to replace my sand, I actually started pulling it out a bit at a time with the water changes and planned to it replace with new sand but I got about 75% of it out and left it alone after that. Now it's a very low priority item on my list

I usually feed brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and or clam. I have not feed them in a while though. They grow much faster when I feed on a consistent basis.

Been a while since I posted but not much has changed. I have not been to any store or anything. Just busy! Had a little time today so I snap some shots. I need to replace the light bulbs on my tank so that's on the to do list.

IMG_1918.jpg
alt="">
IMG_1916.jpg
alt="">
IMG_1902.jpg
alt="">
IMG_1896.jpg
alt="">
IMG_1895.jpg
alt="">

It's been a couple of months since I last updated my log. I’ve been a bad, bad caretaker. A few coral have lost their color and a few of my Acans heads have died. I have not feed my coral in forever it seems. I think I need to replace my sand. The sand was used when I set the tank up and it’s over three years old. I’ve do water changed every two week but my tank hasn’t seem to improve. The tank doesn’t look bad to the average person but I can tell. So I just made a purchase from Marine Depot to get it back on the right track. My MH bulbs have not been change in 14 months [smilie=sadsmile.gif] , so I bought 3 to replace them. I’ll have to cut back the length of time their on to accommodate. I also purchased a PM Kalkreactor KR60 to help with PH, Alk. and Ca. and for the overall benefits kalk adds to your tank. I’ve heard of the BioPellets and their benefits so I purchased a supply of that also. Hopefully I can get things back onto the right path. I’ll post pictures of my tank later, so we can see were I’m at.