Carl's 195 Tank build

Looks great Carl! Glad you were able to get the black tang you wanted. Looks healthy.

I saw this tank in person in December and it was beautiful. I had no idea you built the stand/canopy yourself. Congrats on a great home built system.

@ctaylor81 wrote:
Looks great Carl! Glad you were able to get the black tang you wanted. Looks healthy. I saw this tank in person in December and it was beautiful. I had no idea you built the stand/canopy yourself. Congrats on a great home built system. said:
Thanks Chance

@blide wrote:
Looks awesome! Where did you get most of your zoo's and LPS from? said:
Between Mid-Cities, Extreme Corals, amd one or two at fish Galllery. All of the zoos come from Extreme Coral or Mid-Cities.

Great pictures and I really like your video, thanks for sharing with us. Since you are more than likely stuck in the house today, let's see more.

Alright fellow reefer, I've been messing around with videos and pictures all day. As I stated early I wanted to show some before and after shot to show the grow of some corals since they were placed in my tank.

Birdsnest before
6-19-10023.jpg
alt="">
After
birdnest.jpg
alt="">

Green Slimer
greenslimmer.jpg
alt="">

After
slimer-1.jpg
alt="">

Red Digi
reddigi.jpg
alt="">

After
reddigiti.jpg
alt="">

CAPS
redcap-1.jpg
alt="">
greencap.jpg
alt="">

After
caps.jpg
alt="">

Superman
Superman.jpg
alt="">

After
superman-1.jpg
alt="">

Blue Stag (I guess)
bluestag.jpg
alt="">

After
stag-1.jpg
alt="">

Pink Zoa
6-6-10097.jpg
alt="">

After
pinkzoo.jpg
alt="">

Pink Lemonade
pinklemonade.jpg
alt="">

After

lemonade.jpg
alt="">

Acans
blastonacans.jpg
alt="">

After
acans-1.jpg
alt="">

Blue milli
6-6-10078.jpg
alt="">

After
bluemili.jpg
alt="">

Green milli
6-6-10074.jpg
alt="">

After
greenmilli-2.jpg
alt="">

Thats a year worth of grow, somethings of course less. had other things but man this takes a long to due.
Happy Reefing and thanks for looking.

Well, it's been several month. Since I updated my log. Bought a new camera since my last had been stolen, so I thought it was perfect timing to upload recent photos. My tank is doing fine, I have aptasia popping up. I bought 6 peppermint shrimp and hadn't seen them since I put them in. I think the wrasse may have eaten them. I've joe's juice some but I still have a few to go. I also seem to having a little cino but it seem to only be on a few corals. I just blow it off. But anyways here goes.

Webelos014.jpg
alt="">

Webelos016.jpg
alt="">

Webelos018.jpg
alt="">

Webelos019.jpg
alt="">

Webelos022.jpg
alt="">

Webelos026.jpg
alt="">

Happy Reefing!!

Your tank is really looking good. I see our Peppermint Shrimp every now and then (talking months) early in the morning before the lights come on.

One time we were adding three shrimps and one of our wrasse's eat one before he even hit the bottom of the tank. Good luck.

yea, I have a christmas wrasse and a mystery wrasse. Both are very capable of eating the shrimps but I placed them in the tank at night to allow them to hide and get comfortable. I have not seen not one but I thought if the wrasse at them that I would see peaces of the shrimps around.

Thanks Guys, I put new bulbs in Sunday hoping it would stop my Cyno. I think I need to lower my load, I think I may have too many fish. What do you think?

Tomini Tang
Black Tang
Blonge Naso Tang
Regal Tang
Magnificent foxface
5 Barletts Anthias
Christmas Wrasse
Mystery Wrasse
Lawnmower Bleeny

Skimmer is working as expected. A little dry though. I would like it to skim more wet so I'm adjusting it slowly. It's just my refug have red cyno in it and I don't know if it's kill my grape algae. I think I'll do another 15 gallon water change this week. Corals and fish looks good but water looks a little cloudy. Bothers me!

I had a cleaner shrimp I thought was dead.... after like 7 months... I just saw him the other day... I have a watchman goby I go for days without seeing ...

Last summer I feed them and they grew like weeds. Then I stop, need to start again I believe they were much happier when I fed them.