Best Salt

LeslienMike

Membership Expired
After 12 yrs I am starting a new 125G tank and am wondering what the best salts are.  The tank will be mostly soft w/ fish.Any salt suggestions?Mike

For what you are doing, you could go with Instant Ocean.  It pops up from time to time for $35 a bucket on Amazon.

Not sure about that.  There are tons of people with successful high dollar SPS tanks that use instant ocean.  Instant Ocean has a proven record and has been around since at least the late 80's.

What is this Fritz RPM?  I've only been out of the game about 6 years.  This sounds brand new.  Do you buy it locally?  Don't know that I've even seen it on any of the big online places. (currently shopping for a new 210)

Most of the LFS is selling it. Check around to see who is offering a special. It should be available at the show this weekend as almost all LFS are going to be there in Dallas. And Frits will be there to answer any questions too.

<hr />I was using red sea pro until I noticed all the tremendous amounts of brown residue it was leaving in my salt water mixing vat.  Switched to Tropic Marin Pro and it mixes pure and clean.  But it's a bit more expensive.