Beginner Corals?

rkippes

Premium Member
Can anyone recommend to me some hearty beginner corals for my 60 gallon tank? I have been successfully running the tank with a yellow tang, a few clown fish and a cleanup crew. The aquarium is about a year old  and I want to add coral. What Coral do you'all recommend, where to get the coral and do you have any special tips to be successful. Your advice will be appreciated.Thank YouRobert

You can start with some softies like some mushrooms and leathers, maybe some zoas. Most local stores have some frags you can start out with. Dallas North in big D or Glass Aquatics or Fish Paradise in Fort Worth can get you going.

To recommend coral, we'd also need to know the two things that are most important (after water quality):  what kind of lighting do you have and how much water flow?   

Where are you located? I might have a few frags you can have to get started if close. Also need to know info above :)

I have the Fluval Sea & Marine Spectrum Light LED (36"),  Hydor Koralia Evolution 1400/1500 Aquarium Circulation Pump, 1400-1500 GPH and regularly change my water with salt water from Dallas North - I test with API marine and reef kits (both).  Did I leave anything out? I am in Corinth (location) and would love some frags to start (I can come get)!I almost forgot, I also have an in tank canister filter that acts like a circulation pump.thank you  

I have some soft corals that are hardy that I can give you as well.  They are spreading too much and want to clean out my tank a little.  Located in Frisco. Send me a PM if you're interested.