Army of Pods in my Tanks

yasser

Membership Expired
Guys . last night i turned on the Lights in my tank at night to see a new fish i added to the tank and i have seen what i have never seen before. millions and millions of Pods . on the rocks on the class and on the sand . moving like there is no tommorw. looks scarry . its like they are trying to takeover the tank or something.

i know that pods are good. but that is too much. do i need to do anything to stop them ?

Help!!

thanks

You can get a Mandarin they look awesome and usually only eat pods. If I remember right though your tank has only been up a running for a couple of month. I would wait 3-4 more months then add a Mandarin. You want to make sure the pods are well established so the mandarin does not starve after he eats what you see.

a Mandarin eat what i saw? man. i think i need 20 of them to do that.
what are they doing? are they eating ? what are they eat? when pods are too much ? are they going to go away? what bring them into my tank?

thanks

One mandarin would make a big dent in them. And there is no negative to having as many as you have or more. Other fish will eat them as well.

not a bad problem to have. I have tons of them in my refuge too, but the swarms that I have is tiny mysis shrimp. Yours might be mysis as well.

Keep in mind that Mandarin's primary diet are copepods, and I'm almost willing to bet you didn't see a single one of those. You can see what kind of pods exist on my ID page, on Page 2. http://www.melevsreef.com/id/

Don't worry about having too many. They are cleaning your rock and eating some available food, and some are just zipping around getting their nightly exercise. :p

I must have thousands of copods in my tank. I just noticed them a few days ago when I turned my pumps off. I thought I just had a lot of tiny white sand particles clinging to the glass and floating around. I was looking at the glass thinking I needed to clean it, and then I noticed the "sand" was moving! I looked closer and all of it was moving. I was suprised at how many there were. At first I was worried, then I checked marc's site and saw the copd next to the penny and that is exactly what I have. I can just sit there and watch them for a long time. they are super tiny and very fascinating. When you look at Marc's site, you can get an enlarged view of them.
-Chuck