96gts 185gal Build.

@Ptt wrote:
Any updates? said:
Filling it up with a few fish, but didn't add any new corals yet as the plumbing still leaks a little. Might have to redo the plumbing.

@96gts wrote:
[I]@Ptt wrote:[/I][quote="Any updates? said:
Filling it up with a few fish, but didn't add any new corals yet as the plumbing still leaks a little. Might have to redo the plumbing."]

If it is leaking at bulkhead, you can put some silicon around the bulkhead. If it is leaking at PVC fittings, you can apply PVC cement with the PVC in place.

@Ptt wrote:
[I]@96gts wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@Ptt wrote:[/I][quote="Any updates? said:
Filling it up with a few fish, but didn't add any new corals yet as the plumbing still leaks a little. Might have to redo the plumbing."]

If it is leaking at bulkhead, you can put some silicon around the bulkhead. If it is leaking at PVC fittings, you can apply PVC cement with the PVC in place."]

Wes ( Luck of a Draw ) had tried all that, PVC glue, silicone, silicone tape and even aquamend epoxy. It is still leaking on one of the return near the bulkhead (I don't think it's from the bulkhead) and on the drain pvc pipe. I think the drain is leaking because of back pressure in the pvc pipe, he connected two 1" drain into one 1.25" PVC pipe. Which in turn is also causing lost of micro bubbles and splashing when water enters the sump. And I also have to turn down the return ball valves or water will probably overflow in the tank.

I think Wes gave up on me and have not replied to my multiple text and email requests to redo the plumbing. I guess I didn't spent enough money with him after paying him $900 for the stand, $300 for the light rack, $300 for the MDF panels that still don't fit well and $250 for plumbing, foam and plywood. For me, that's a lot of money, but I guess to him that's not enough. Lesson learned, don't pay in full until everything is completed to your satisfaction, and try not to pay in cash.

I just ordered new bulkheads today, Pampee said he will help me redo my plumbing.

I can help too if you need it. I plumbed my 180g myself. Can look at it one weekend if you want. PVC is cheap for the most part so it shouldn't cost much. Only thing that starts to get expensive is ball valves and unions.

@ss95003 wrote:
I can help too if you need it. I plumbed my 180g myself. Can look at it one weekend if you want. PVC is cheap for the most part so it shouldn't cost much. Only thing that starts to get expensive is ball valves and unions. said:
Thanks for the offer Steve. I also ordered a true union ball valve for the return along with the new bulkheads. Pampee said he will help me next weekend, you are more than welcome to stop by if you have time next weekend. I'm by Bethany and 75, so I'm not too far from you.

@dfwminis wrote:
Wow said:
Just more bad luck, but mainly my fault this time. I added fish without QT, introduced ich to the tank, killed more of my fish. Lost a Powder Brown, Bellus Angel, Rhomboid, Filamented Flasher and 2 Sharknose Gobies. Lastly, I removed my mesh screen top for the tank to remove a dead powder brown, somehow freaked out my 5” Supermale Lineatus Fairy Wrasse that I had for 1.5yrs. It jumped 2ft over the tank, hit the back wall and landed on hardwood floor behind the tank, dead in less than a min. [smilie=crying.gif] . That was my prize fish, I was so pissed off with myself that I almost pull the plugs and call it quit.

I saw a couple of fish at a lfs that were eating and I couldn't resist the urge and made an impluse purchase. I have them in the QT this time and added Prazipro to the QT last night.

Here's the only decent picture I took with my phone when they were first in the QT. A 4"+ Choati Leopard Wrasse and a 5" Male Watanabei Angel.

6298990572_b652c0f244_z.jpg
alt="">

Jason you have great taste in choosing your livestock...please update with a FTS when you get these guys in the main display....I'm gonna have to check out that Choati Wrasse in person ;)

Here's a picture of the tank taken last night with my cell phone.

6305625173_80d7f73bed_z.jpg
alt="">

@oboybigd817 wrote:
That thing is one of the nicest leopard wrasses I've ever seen! If you don't mind me asking where did you get it? said:
I bought him at DNA.

I took a couple of pictures of some of my fish when I had the camera out to take picture of the Choati.

6310951987_e4b5a7f466_b.jpg
alt="">

6311474934_427b35c3d1_b.jpg
alt="">

6310954943_17bace5797_b.jpg
alt="">

Here's a picture of the male Watanabei in the QT. I also pickup a female Watanabei this past weekend, will take picture of her when I have a chance. She's small, less than 1/2 the size of the male.

6312440702_dedb731b12_b.jpg
alt="">

After one week in QT with Prazipro, the Choati is adjusted to the light schedule better and will stay out for more than 8hrs. It's eating PE mysis aggressively 2-3 times a day, so I decided to move it into my 185gal display late last night. It went straight into the sand, hope it will adjust to the new tank quickly.

I just received pictures of a couple of new fishes I ordered from Rodney from My Exotic Fish. He will QT them for a few days before I pick them up, I can't wait to pick them up. The Lineatus is 5"! [smilie=surprised.gif]

Lineatus
6326203295_f8eb8b25aa.jpg
alt="">

Rhomboid
6326203261_57a3a309db.jpg
alt="">

Bellus
6326955302_82683b9a3f.jpg
alt="">

I love the bellus angel. I have a swallowtail and she is a perfect citizen, very active.

Tapatalk