96gts 185gal Build.

just curious...do you handle all your fish with your hands? I've always stayed away because I thought it was bad for them?

Ron,

There is no problem handling fish (some, not all) with your hands provided they are clean as Jason stated. There is a greater chance of a fin or in the case of a wrasses their mouths getting caught in a net. With the SUPERMALE Lineatus and Rhomboid being both high end fish...there was no way I was going to take a chance of a fin or their mouth getting caught in the net.

In addition, I've had the luxery of going to Hawaii a few times to hang out with my supplier/divers and i've been to the wholesalers in LA about 20 times and they handle fish with their hands quite a bit...tough to get fish in bags to ship if they are in a net. I'm not suggest that this is standard practice, just that in some cases it"s actually safer for the fish depending on what you are doing.

Rodney

@kthomas wrote:
Gorgeous fish!!!! said:
Thanks bud, let's hope I don't kill them this time. I need to figure out how to use the camera so I can take some pictures of the acros you gave me.

Still no sign of the Choati for 3 days in the display, but he might be out while I'm at work.

Here are a couple of pics of the Watanabei and couple of other fish in the display.

6334858082_23a0afda90_b.jpg
alt="">

6334093459_e0a7d54362_b.jpg
alt="">

6334852446_8d368b6bb9_b.jpg
alt="">

6334849858_ec6d460d94_b.jpg
alt="">

And the Lineatus that I just got in QT.
6334101305_3d9bd9481a_b.jpg
alt="">

pic #3 is a rubrimarginatus, is pic #4 of the same fish or something different? And I said it before, I'll say it again, the lineatus is just nasty. So fat!

@OceanMan wrote:
pic #3 is a rubrimarginatus said:
Yes, pic 3 is the red margin. Pic 4 is not the same fish, its a cebu pylei aka sunset fairy wrasse. This lineatus is awesome, one of the nicest I have even seen.

Finally saw the Choati in my display today. He's still doing well and eating, no one was picking on him. 

Here are a couple of pics of the Choati in the display taken this weekend. I have him for slightly over 2 weeks now, look like he is gaining some weight. He is becoming one of my favorite fish.

6343405038_f2b7247b9e_b.jpg
alt="">

6342657371_ea360c292f_b.jpg
alt="">

6343403082_354b76492b_b.jpg
alt="">

I have Choati and Watanabei pair for about 4 months now, Choati is eating anything I feed and it's getting fat. As for the male Watanabei Angel, he's losing his stripes, look like he turned female even with a female Watanabei in the tank. I will take a picture of the Watanabei when I have a chance.

6870135861_2eed3d0602_b.jpg
alt="">

Also added a Labouti Fairy Wrasse about 2 months ago.

6870129201_ee7dbd18f1_b.jpg
alt="">

The sad part is the Rhomboid, Lineatus and Bellus Angel, didn't make it out of QT. The Rhomboid never eat and died within a week or so. The Bellus and Lineatus were doing great for 4-5 weeks and a few days before I was about to add them into the display, they stopped eating and died a couple days later. They were treated with Prazipro and Cupramine, and were eating anything I fed them. Only thing I can think of is they somehow has internal infection as the Lineatus was having some swim bladder problem after it stopped eating.

I haven't update this thread for some time. Fishes are doing great, but not so for corals. I had lost most of my SPS and also some of my chalice and acans, I think due to phosphate issue. I'm thinking about switching to mainly LPS and Softies, as I'm having too much issue with SPS in this tank.

I'm pretty much stocked up on all the fish that I want, I will need to remove some fish if I want to add any more fish. I have the Chaoti for 9 months now and it is still doing great. I had added Lineatus, Rhomboids, Red Sea Eightline Flasher, Orange Shoulder Tang and Lavender Tang in the last 6 months. All of them are eating well, fat and healthy.

I took a short video of the tank last night.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odHYCgBadxs[/youtube]

Your wrasse collection is outrageous!!! You have all of my favorites, soooooooooo jealous.....If you ever need to re-home them please let me know, I would love to be first in line for the chaotis and lineatus. Did I mention how insanely jealous I am [smilie=envy.gif] ?!?!?

Sooo many awesome fish, I'm certainly jealous! They get along just fine? My Powder Blue tries to murder anything new immediately. I really like that wrasse selection as well.

Once in a while there might be some chasing around and flashing for a little, but overall they get along just fine. Only problem are my 5 Barletts anthias, ended up 4 turned male and they are fighting constantly. The most aggressive of all my fairy wrasse is the Red Margin, I think cause its one of the 1st fairy wrasse in the tank. But by using an acclimation box for a few days when introducing any fish seems to help a lot.

Here is my updated stock list. I know I'm way overstocked, but I just can't help it, I like fish too much.

<u>Wrasses: </u>
Lineatus Fairy
Young Female Pair of Rhomboid Fairy (One is turning male)
Labouti Fairy
Cebu Pylei Fairy
Red Margin Fairy
Ornate Leopard
Choati Leopard
Potters Leopard
Red Sea Eightline Flasher
McCoskers Flasher
Blue Flasher
Carpenters Flasher
Melanurus Wrasse

<u>Tangs:</u>
Hippo Tang
Lavender Tang
Orange Shoulder Tang

<u>Misc: </u>
5 Barlett Anthias
Pair of Watanabei Angel (Male turned Female)
Pair of Clowns – Blk/White and Ocellaris
Midas Blenny