96gts 185gal Build.

G

My current 90gal rimless have been out of room for a while, I finally placed an order for a new tank couple of weeks ago. The tank should be ready soon, but I probably won’t have time to set it up until sometime in July.

First, I would like to thanks Simon, Rodney, Pampee, Dien, Wes (Luck of the Draw) and Chris at Salty Supply for their input and help with planning this build.

I can't wait to get it up and running. I might a few hands to help set it up and also help with the Apex.

When all set and done, I will have a nice 90gal rimless setup for sale with skimmer, ATO, DJ switch, RK2, 2x Tunze 6025, etc. If interested, see my 90gal build thread for more info.
http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=65139

Here's the list of equipment that I will be using for this build.

Tank and Stand:
185gal 60"long x 30"wide x 24"tall, Eurobraced, 3 sides Starphire, 1 Center Internal Oveflow. (Ordered from Rodney at My Exotic Fish)
Custom Metal Stand with Custom Light Rack and skinning by Wes (Luck of the Draw)
Custom 3/8" Cast Acrylic 36"x20"x16" Sump by Dien

Lighting:
48" Pacific Sun Metis CRP 3x100W LED Fixture with 4 types of CREE LED chips: Neutral White XP-G 5W, Cool White XP-G 5W, Royal Blue XP-E 3W, Blue XP-E 3W.

Skimmer:
Plan on ordering a SWC 230 Cone Skimmer, but might use a SWC Mini S Cone that I have in another tank for now.

Return Pump:
ATB Flowstar 1500 Return Pump

Circulation
2x Vortech MP40W
2x Tunze 6105

Controller/Misc:
Neptune Apex w/2 EB8, PH and ORP probes.
American DJ Power Switch Box
Bubble Magus BM-T01 Doser for dosing Cal, Alk and Mag.
BRS Twin Carbon/GFO Reactor
Autotopoff.com Dual Switch ATO
Custom 20x12x16 glass tank to hold RO/DI for ATO
Tom's Aqualifter

Substrates:
Tropic Eden Reeflakes (Still waiting for Premium Aquatics to get some in)

Cant wait to see that come along, Im planning on an upgrade next year and was looking into something with similar dimensions as that, can I ask roughly what the tank ran you?

This is gonna be a nice one. Can't wait to see that LED setup. Are you still trying to sell this to the wife as a used setup that was too good a deal to pass up? Methinks it's all a little too shiny and new looking. Want my kids to scratch it up a little for ya first?

@simontan wrote:
This is gonna be a nice one. Can't wait to see that LED setup. Are you still trying to sell this to the wife as a used setup that was too good a deal to pass up? Methinks it's all a little too shiny and new looking. Want my kids to scratch it up a little for ya first? said:
Lol, don't worry, I already got that part figured out.

What's the tabs on the back for? Where pics of the led?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
What's the tabs on the back for? Where pics of the led? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Wes planned on mounting a piece of plywood on the back for some misc equipments. I received the Pacific Sun Metis CRP couple of weeks ago, have a slight fit and finish issue with one side of the housing. I'm deciding whether to send it back and get a Vertex Illumina.