375 SPS Reef Build

G

Hello, I am excited to annouce this bad boy will be in place this weekend! its been a long time coming. I have been in the hobby a while and have had many tanks but now am changing my focus to SPS and upgrading.

This will be primarlity an high end SPS focused tank. I will also be into high end chalices, acans and other colorful goodies.

Dimensions: 84X32X32
Planned lighting - 3, 400W halide with blue LED supplements
Bare bottom? Maybe
Everthing else TBD

Probably going to be a slow build ($$$$) but promises to be a great one. This is basically my dream tank.

B44A2545-66B6-4CEE-A98F-B14748D9A776_zpsa7pn7gp0.jpg
alt="">
4F864EB5-4EA1-495E-8CA3-BCC67E4C8C85_zpst0xfojmj.jpg
alt="">

:) MidCities was very kind to hold it for me. I highly recommend those guys! Tommy is awesome

Tank moved in this weekend...pics
57E45C08-9A48-4594-949E-B00D0D1E0F7E_zpslubgzejm.jpg
alt="">
B6972081-A24A-480B-B6F7-4E3A51BE0925_zpsbt1mlk8k.jpg
alt="">
E164363E-9894-4A76-8A9A-753F830B3287_zpsozoxserj.jpg
alt="">
A38E5E1E-80CB-4124-9384-CECD045F2667_zpslzzo9w69.jpg
alt="">
946E3F72-8ED1-49CB-9B5C-777D19F35293_zps43i8dpzv.jpg
alt="">

Most of the rock from my prvs setup looks like pebbles in this bad boy!

A51B7614-8809-40A6-8526-F2C4775FB330_zpsnv4jxyt7.jpg
alt="">

I am terrible about being detailed. Wish I would have taken some pics of the transport and move into the house but sadly I didnt. But I started this to track progress so we will see how detailed it turns out.

Nice dimensions. It's nice to see a tank with lots of depth. On another note, that's a really nice looking acan in your profile picture. Do you have a photo of the colony?

@jccaclimber wrote:
Nice dimensions. It's nice to see a tank with lots of depth. On another note said:
No, this was the frag I bought from Cherry Corals a while back. Never saw the mother colony

@Steve wrote:
OMG wood floors... Living on the wild side... Looks great! said:
It's a cheap wood floor that I put in myself. Got the floor for $1 a Sq. Ft. and installed in about an hour. I didnt do any reasearch on wood floors under a tank but I am not concerned about the floor. [smilie=lipssealed.gif]

Should I put some rubber stall mats under the tank? Like the ones at tractor supply?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft

Feedback wanted

First attmept at rock work. Would probably leave me 12" on each side but I've already used close to 300lbs rock here. Not totally in love with it but I do liek the caves I have created.
I dont like a bunch of arches and piles. I almost want it like the rock just fell there and left some large caves.

C5BF45F8-EB5F-4620-8986-366E31E9AF1D_zpstw2jtw1c.jpg
alt="">

Nice tank!!! Can't wait to see it running.

@Acro_holic wrote:
Should I put some rubber stall mats under the tank? Like the ones at tractor supply? said:
My experience with wood floors: I bought my 225g from a man that had the tank on Engineered wood for about 7 years. He said he's had several spills and accidents. When we moved the tank, he was ready to see a problem but to his surprise, there was no indention, no discoloration, no visible signs of wear at all. I think a lot of people just worry too much about the "what-if's". STANDING WATER on wood = disaster. Occassional spill is normally not a bad thing. We do put hardwood floors in our dining areas more often than not lately, which is where we eat and drink....and spill quite a bit. Wood can take the accidents. Just my analysis...

If you're using risers on your metal stand though...I would consider something to distribute the weight. Something rigid.

Some more tweeks
26BB85EE-7BAA-4FA0-8241-D46079EA3DC3_zpsbfottecr.jpg
alt="">
You may have noticed the cinder blocks - very usefull in overal strength of the structure, creating large caves, and ease. I wasn't sold on using them when I picked them up but think they will stay. I'll do a nice job covering them up and you'll probabaly never be able to see.
126159F1-9B29-489F-85DF-CDCF1862B5A1_zpshhzq3uf7.jpg
alt="">
DC949475-2B54-4D36-8B69-EFE652B38F87_zpsck259int.jpg
alt="">

Also, did a very short water test before I found a good size leak. Thankfully the leak was between the overflow and tank and the water was coming out the drain holes. I dont have plumbing or bulk heads in yet. Ugh...

Also, did a very short water test before I found a good size leak. Thankfully the leak was between the overflow and tank and the water was coming out the drain holes. I dont have plumbing or bulk heads in yet. Ugh...

Nice tank! I recently moved to Frisco and will be setting my my 96x30x32 as soon as we buy a home. Looks very similar to your tank. Here's a link to the video a month before I broke it down. http://youtu.be/WodGFXTXvkk

Not many updates recently because i am going to remove the tank, cut the wood floor and re-level the stand as well as add in pink sytro under the tank. I've become paranoid about leaks and cracks in the tank so I am going to be overly cautious.

I have done a little more planning with my lighting and I've done something in excel to show the fixture placement and their projected spread. This shows 2 20" Lumenbright's and 4 Vega/hydra. Dark borders denote fixtures, thin lines project spread. Hard to tell but I think I would have enough overlap to have a well lit tank. Black rectangles are the Vega/Hydra's

Lighting%20Sceme_zpsvxdmrcxg.jpg
alt="">

Subject to change...of course.