180gal build thread .. updated 10/22/07

Have you had heavy coralline algae growth on the rock in your tank? From the pictures it was hard to see. I see that you have a Geo Calcium reactor are you dosing anything else for CA?

You mentioned a PH swing but I must have missed how large is the swing? I also have a Geo reactor but also drip Kalk to keep the PH from dropping too low. The PH in my tank goes from an average of 8.05 early in the morning to 8.2 just before the lights go off.

Yeah, I drip Kalk also but No I am see as much coralline algae as I should. When everything was doing great my rock looked to be getting more than usuall now it has lost some. My glass is empty none to speak of.

How much was your PH swing?

Do you know what your Magnesium level is and do you dose anything for that?

I dose Mg in order to keep it at approx 1400 using a Salifert test kit. Also what media are you using in your reactor? I use the ARM course but used the fine before. I have noticed a drop in Coralline Algae production in my tank when I made that change but all the numbers look good and the coral are healthy and growing.

Yeah , I dose Mag. thru a 1.5 gal container I built. I use ARM in my calcuim reactor.

here's a few pick from last night with the new lights -

CIMG0146.jpg
alt="">

CIMG0145.jpg
alt="">

CIMG0149.jpg
alt="">

here's a few pictures of my 180gal Fowler/Reef .... :cry:

CIMG0161.jpg
alt="">

My clowns I've had these maybe 2yrs plus now ...
CIMG0179.jpg
alt="">

CIMG0183.jpg
alt="">

looks great, i really want to do lights like those when i get done building and give myself some time to recoup.

r those true percs?

Nice work so far...
Can't wait to see the canopy on there!
I've been following along on the progress...

Have you been able to correct the ph concern?

yep, after dealing with everything I decided to use a 5gal contanier next to my top off with Kalkwasser that feeds my topoff then my ATO feeds my fuge section. I hope that made sense ?

It mixes in 5gal bucket then over to topoff mixes again then ATO sends into fuge then into tank. Right now I'm balancing around 8.1