180gal build thread .. updated 10/22/07

G

I purchased 180gal tank this past weekend . I want thank Evan for all his help and his son. I bought the tank and Evan offered to help me and my brother load it on the truck. After 20 minutes it was loaded and ready to go. Then Evan offered to help me unload it at my house. Which , I gladly jumped on his offer.

Once we got it in the house we placed it on the stand I built the the night before. Evan was nice enough to give me all the measurement by pm's. It fit with some minor adjustments.

I hope to have all the plumbing done by tonight. I took pictures of the stand being built but forgot the camera at home. I still have to skin the frame havent been told by the wife what color it needs to be. I also built the stand pretty high compared to others.

*The DIY stand is - 76x28x42

The 76 long I chose so I can place trim around all the edging of the tank. Make it look in the stand not on it. The 28 width I went with because I am going to put a piece of marble along the front to make it a bar like stand. I have 3 barstols I am going to place in front of it. Since the tank is in the living room and everyone comes over to watch movies, sports, or play poker I need the extra sitting room.

The reason I made the stand so High was to place a frag tank underneath the stand with the skimmer, sump and pump. I plan to plumb it all together.

* My RO/DI holding station -

I purchased a 100gpd Rodi and 2 65gal vertical tanks to hold water and make water changes a breeze. I still need to do the plubing on 1 tank the other is already holding 45 gallons. Will use a Mag7 I have left over from a buy.

Sorry long post.

Pitures of the Ro/Di station -

I will have both tanks side by side. 1 with salt the other just ro water.

@albert7753 wrote:
The 28 width I went with because I am going to put a piece of marble along the front to make it a bar like stand. I have 3 barstols I am going to place in front of it. said:
This sounds awesome! My next tank (if I ever get there) will be on a stand like this.

I like that big water tank - I'd put some diagonal bracing on that stand, as that thing is going to e very heavy when full.

The vertical tanks I bought from my job. Yeah , I need to finish the plat form . I ran out of wood but it will be fully supported underneath. The second tank will be right next it. Finished plumbing it tonight now need to drive by Home Depot and pick up another sheet of plywood.

On the tanks we keep them in stock most of the year . Right now I only have 1 left in Dallas and 2 in Lubbock. There great for the size and space they take up. 23 x 38 ( DxH ). We keep 65gal up to 6500gal verticals.

I brought my camera today so I can post pictures in a minute of the build so far.

Okay stand pictures -

IMG_3025.jpg
alt="">

another - The bottom I used left over 2x4's so I wouldnt have to cut another section off a 8 foot piece

IMG_3024.jpg
alt="">

more -

Here we placed the 180gal on the stand you can see the room we left for the marble piece we are going to install.

IMG_3036.jpg
alt="">

another -

IMG_3033.jpg
alt="">

few more -

The braces underneath

IMG_3057.jpg
alt="">

sump and skimmer under tank

IMG_3049.jpg
alt="">

@albert7753 wrote:
On the tanks we keep them in stock most of the year . Right now I only have 1 left in Dallas and 2 in Lubbock. There great for the size and space they take up. 23 x 38 ( DxH ). We keep 65gal up to 6500gal verticals. I brought my camera today so I can post pictures in a minute of the build so far. said:
Albert, does your company have any stores West of Fort Worth or in Fort Worth? I will be purchasing 500 gallon containers in the same configuration as yours. I found them at Northern Tool for $379.00.

Todd - sorry no we don't we have only 2 locations at the moment. We also have those 500gal tanks but they have me beat on price. Ours are 46x78 - $395.00 before taxes. Have 2 in stock.

Are you going to run more electrical outlets than the 2 outlets I see now? Are they on the same circuit, and on GFCI already?

Just a thought I had while looking at the pics, it'd be a lot easier to add more outlets (On separate circuits!) and GFCI 'em NOW rather then later...

Yeah , I am going to add a power center hopefully get started by this weekend.